Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Overnight Babysitter- Boro Park
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:02 am
Looking for a babysitter in BP that is very warm and loving and does overnight babysitting by the week. Having a baby iyH very soon. Any recommendations much appreciated.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:14 am
Sending a young child to sudden unfamiliar surroundings can be traumatic and have possible long term after-affects. Consider getting a full time nurse to help out instead. Bsha Tova!

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:17 am
Ilowitz 718-972-0151. She is great

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 11:18 am
amother wrote:
Sending a young child to sudden unfamiliar surroundings can be traumatic and have possible long term after-affects. Consider getting a full time nurse to help out instead. Bsha Tova!

This.

Please, please reconsider this.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 11:20 am
My mom sent 12 toddlers to babysitters after she had a baby, we all turned out great, wasn't traumatic for anyone. If the toddler goes to a loving sitter he'll be fine.

silly

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 11:42 am
My sister sent to somebody schwartz she was very very happy

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 10:39 pm
amother wrote:
Ilowitz 718-972-0151. She is great

Do you have personal experience?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:01 pm
Yes. She is a nice and kind woman. Was very comfortable with her.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:12 pm
Im sorry, what am I missing that I cannot comprehend how a mother...A MOTHER!! can take a toddler and send him to a complete stranger? Are you serious? That is so abnormal, I don't care what you say. The kid will be shrieking for his parents, thinking he was abandoned. For God's sake...what is wrong with you people!!!!

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:18 pm
You can open a new thread as how you feel about sending to a babysitter. Perhaps op has no other choice but to send, no need to make her feel bad now.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:23 pm
amother wrote:
You can open a new thread as how you feel about sending to a babysitter. Perhaps op has no other choice but to send, no need to make her feel bad now.

Send the newborn to the babysitter, at least he/she won't realize they are being abandoned!
Have DH take off
Hire a nurse, babysitter, hs girl, someone. Anyone.
I can't imagine there are zero options and thus is tge only solution. I'm sorry. I can't comprehend this.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:31 pm
amother wrote:
Im sorry, what am I missing that I cannot comprehend how a mother...A MOTHER!! can take a toddler and send him to a complete stranger? Are you serious? That is so abnormal, I don't care what you say. The kid will be shrieking for his parents, thinking he was abandoned. For God's sake...what is wrong with you people!!!!

It is absolutely not your place to criticize the parenting decisions of a woman you know nothing about.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:34 pm
Excuse me amother mauve, you are being way out of line. There is absolutely nothing wrong with sending a child to a babysitter. A healthy child doesn't get traumatized or feel abandoned. Perhaps they cry for a bit but they don't shriek for their parents. ok,It's ok, the child will survive unscarred. If you're child sees you getting hysterical & traumatized then the child will follow your lead.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:42 pm
amother wrote:
Excuse me amother mauve, you are being way out of line. There is absolutely nothing wrong with sending a child to a babysitter. A healthy child doesn't get traumatized or feel abandoned. Perhaps they cry for a bit but they don't shriek for their parents. ok,It's ok, the child will survive unscarred. If you're child sees you getting hysterical & traumatized then the child will follow your lead.

This is absolutely not true.

Even the healthiest child will feel confused, abandoned and eventually traumatized if they're suddenly sent to stay overnight - for multiple nights - at a stranger's house, no matter how nice the stranger is.

In an extreme emergency where there are no other options, ok, you do what you have to do, and then you spend a lot of time (and money - on therapy) trying to repair the damage.

But as a l'chatchila plan for when you have a new baby? Not ok. Just not.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:42 pm
amother wrote:

Do you work? Drop off your newborn baby, toddler by a babysitter????? How can A MOTHER SEND HER CHILD TO A COMPLETE STRANGER???? Are you serious? Your abandoning your children!!!!! And you do this everyday!!!! For gods sake...what is wrong with you...a mother's place is home!!!

oliveoil

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:43 pm
amother wrote:
Send the newborn to the babysitter, at least he/she won't realize they are being abandoned!
Have DH take off
Hire a nurse, babysitter, hs girl, someone. Anyone.
I can't imagine there are zero options and thus is tge only solution. I'm sorry. I can't comprehend this.

No, sending the newborn is no better an option at all! How can you say that??

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:47 pm
In defense of op I want to say that in some circles we are not considered strangers to each other, we are one very big family.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:48 pm
amother wrote:
In defense of op I want to say that in some circles we are not considered strangers to each other, we are one very big family.

That's great, but the kid still doesn't know this woman and is going to be dropped off in a strange environment and not know or understand if or when mommy and daddy are coming back, no matter how much the parents and the babysitter "feel" like one big family.

silly

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:51 pm
I think she is doing the right thing! OP needs to recuperate after having a baby
So she can have koach for her family

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 11:51 pm
A toddler gets very easily distracted. First they cry then the babysitter is their new mommy.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics