Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
What to serve with quiche

lfab

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 8:50 am
I have a mushroom broccoli quiche in the freezer that I want to serve for dinner tonight. Usually I serve with a hearty mushroom barley soup but my husband doesn't want soup since it's still very warm out. I thought of serving with fish but we just had that for dinner the other night. Any other ideas of something filling that I can serve with the quiche (my husband likes something else filling with it as he finds that it doesn't fill him up on its own). All suggestions welcome, quick and easy to make is a huge bonus since I can't make it until I get home from work. Thanks.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 8:54 am
Israeli salad mixed with quinoa, and an oil and vinegar dressing.

A green salad with mixed beans or garbanzos mixed in, or some nuts. Anything to add to the protein and vitamin profile of the meal.

A light pasta salad with sundried tomatoes and olives, seasoned with olive oil and italian spices.

You didn't mention if the quiche is dairy or parve. You can add chunks of feta cheese to any of the above salads to make it even more filling and yummy.

Another thing you could do is a starchy side vegetable, or sauteed green beans with a sprinkle of garlic salt. My picky kiddo loves all of these.

jewishmom6

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 9:03 am
sounds like me:) few suggestions here, hope it helps. Lasagna, baked ziti, mac n cheese garlic nuts, a large Greek salad, sweet potatoes, homemade potato chips, eggplant parmesan (you can use ready made eggplant), breaded tilapia.

tichellady

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 9:40 am
Baked potatoes with butter or sour cream.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics