Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Using dairy nutribullet w/ cold, non-sharp items

nachlaot

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 8:30 pm
hi, our entire kitchen is basically meat-only, except we have a dairy nutribullet that we use for smoothies. we don't have dairy dishes and don't cook dairy.

can we use the diary nutribullet to grind a cold, non-sharp item and then put that item into our meat cookware?

for example, we wanted to grind almonds in the dairy nutribullet to put into a parve recipe that we were making using our meat cookware. even if not a good practice, is this still technically permissible? if we wanted to put the almonds into a meat recipe instead of a parve recipe, does the answer change?

thanks!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 8:47 pm
the other way to ask this question is - is my equipment actually dairy, if you've only put cold milk items in it.

Ask your Rav.

thanks

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 12:03 am
amother wrote:
the other way to ask this question is - is my equipment actually dairy, if you've only put cold milk items in it.

Ask your Rav.

Blender is not so simple because it gets hot near the blade.

tichellady

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 12:20 am
It’s fine according to the kashrut I practice

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 12:37 am
I once asked a similar question about a Pareve appliance and the Rov said the problem was that food can get stuck in crevices that you may not be able to clean, I think it was a hand mixer, so Rov said cover all vent holes w foil while using it with not pareve food.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen