Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Is this spam?

Harried mama

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 5:40 pm
I'm 99% pretty sure it is but would like to hear what others think.

Dear Friend,

This is Mary.

I am afraid that there is one thing I desperately need your help.

Today when I have a review on the orders of KF1058 which we have received over the weekend, I have found that I made a terrible mistake in setting an incorrect discount wrongly on KF1058, therefore our company is going to have a huge loss on each order which we have received so far.

Before I find this problem this afternoon, the warehouse has already made delivery of some orders which you placed. Now both our warehouse and the factory have run out of the stock.

I am awfully sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. I desperately need your help in cancelling the orders which have not been shipped yet due to shortage of the stock. ( The orders which we have not yet made delivery and has not filled out tracking number yet).

For the orders which the warehouse has shipped, due to my mistake, I will be fined by nearly US$1.00 for each single piece of product. If you are not willing to cancel the orders which have not been shipped so far, I will be fined by nearly US$1.00 as well and I will be fired. I really need to keep this job as I have got a little baby to raise. Would you please show me your mercy?

When you cancel the order, please select “ Other reason”. Both buyer and seller will not be punished when “ Other reason “ is selected.

Sorry again for such a kind of mistake and inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
Mary La

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 5:41 pm
It does sound very strange. Did you place such an order?

Harried mama

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 5:48 pm
It wasn't me who received this. My Israeli neighbor just forwarded it to me saying that he received it from a company he placed an order with and he asked me to tell him what it says since he doesn't speak English. I don't know if he ordered this particular item, but he definitely did place an order with the company.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 5:54 pm
I would be safe and ignore.
No mistake gets corrected by begging a customer for mercy.
There are a million other ways to fix purchase errors.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 5:55 pm
The author of the letter doesn't speak English very well either. Can he, or you, speak to someone more senior in the company to clarify the situation?

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 6:04 pm
I would call the company directly. If I had the legit number and would not continue emailing or give any info. yes it could be they want your credit card info. - scam

where is it located?

could even be a disgruntled employee who knows

what did he order from them?

or maybe someone is in a jam still a very strange way to address it --
and these days better safe than sorry

if I were the manager id want to know as its very unprofessional at best

if they are out of stock wouldn't they just cancel the order?

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 6:10 pm
of course it's a scam. Ignore it.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 6:13 pm
SCAM SCAM SCAM

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 7:48 pm
Anything written like that doesn’t get a second glance. Just delete/mark as spam and forget it.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 8:57 pm
Did the neighbor buy a heavily discounted product?

I once got an amazon link from one of the deals sites for a really cheap charger (or some kind of electronic accessory) with a crazy discount that basically got me multiple chargers for free. Some time after I placed the order, the seller contacted me through Amazon to tell me that the discount was a mistake on their part but I am not obligated to cancel the order, even though they would now be suffering a huge loss (since the “deal” was publicized and many orders were placed for free items). I did cancel my order, since the story made sense.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 9:55 pm
Sounds like it might be a Chinese seller on AliExpress with horrible English but maybe legit. If he doesn't click on links in the email, and goes directly to the website, he can cancel (if he chooses and that's in his order history and it hasn't shipped out).

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 11:31 pm
As long as he logs in to his own account using a typed out web page, and doesn't click on any links from the email, it's ok.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 12:06 pm
Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 12:08 pm
Video going around warning about this exact thing. They called it phishing.

tf

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 8:14 am
Of course it's !!! IGNORE AND REPORT AAS SPAM. In some places they write already sent and iin other places it's not sent yet. Scammers take advantage of non English speakers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics