Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Your opinion please on price of coats!
1  2  Next

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 5:21 pm
Please give me your opinion on how much I can expect to pay for a very warm winter coat for a child (I live in a cold climate). I feel that a warm enough coat will cost $60-80 (for example gaps warmest with 40% off) but he feels we can get the same warmth for cheaper.
Opinions please?

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 5:26 pm
I'd say $80-120. Depends where you find. I got the down gap coat on sale for about 80. I got a coat last year from jcrew for about 120

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 5:38 pm
I agree that you can expect to pay at least 80.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 5:49 pm
Check Lands End. I believe they have a promotion now , with code: PIE , it's 50% off one full priced item. So if the jacket is usually $100 it would be $50 and their jackets are very warm. I only purchase coats/jackets from Lands End

OBnursemom

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 5:54 pm
Just bought London Fog coats for my kids on Amazon. $39.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 6:33 pm
amother wrote:
Please give me your opinion on how much I can expect to pay for a very warm winter coat for a child (I live in a cold climate). I feel that a warm enough coat will cost $60-80 (for example gaps warmest with 40% off) but he feels we can get the same warmth for cheaper.
Opinions please?

Just tell him that these are the prices you've seen for very warm jackets. If he thinks he can find a better price, you have no problem with him purchasing the kids' coats. Just check when they arrive to make sure they're actually warm enough.

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 7:20 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
Just bought London Fog coats for my kids on Amazon. $39.
London fog isn't so warm. They used to be a good name in coats but have gotten cheap.

Lands end is better quality and you can often get older styles with a sale+coupon for very good prices. But winter is coming and you live in a cold climate so you need to just get what's available now.

Bottom line, $40-60 is a good price for a warm coat.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 7:23 pm
For kids I got warm coats in Costco. They are the ones with a zip out. My ds that's always cold was really warm in it. We live in Monsey

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 9:37 pm
Price has nothing with quality or warmth. One year I got for my boys jackets from Amazon for $15. They were warm, original, pretty & lasted for 3 seasons. Wherever we went we got compliments.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 11:20 pm
Thank you so much for your feedback!
And yes, you correctly assumed that ‘he’ meant dh when I forgot to write ‘my husband!’

Last edited by amother on Sun, Oct 14 2018, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 10:10 pm
Thoughts? Usually way too expensive. I have 2 boys fighting over the same coat now. One year my second son lost his coat or it sort of broke or something and I bought him a replacement but then he ended up having another that works and the next year my older son needed a coat and realized that one fits him and he took it. Older son showed me it fits him well now and second son claims it fits him perfectly too but his older coat is way too small (I believe him). So both claim the rights, one because I bought it for him, and one because he actually wore it. This is going to be fun Very Happy

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 9:42 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Check Lands End. I believe they have a promotion now , with code: PIE , it's 50% off one full priced item. So if the jacket is usually $100 it would be $50 and their jackets are very warm. I only purchase coats/jackets from Lands End

Do you know if this code is still valid? And what's the PIN?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Oct 13 2018, 9:18 pm
(Got a new coat, $20 something from Amazon one day that came before Shabbos, fits my older son perfectly, and it's all good. In case anyone was worried. Tensions were a bit high until it came.)

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Oct 13 2018, 9:33 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
(Got a new coat, $20 something from Amazon one day that came before Shabbos, fits my older son perfectly, and it's all good. In case anyone was worried. Tensions were a bit high until it came.)

Link, please

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 12:13 am
I bought Zara’s down coats 2 years ago for around $75. They are really still good just getting a little small and looking a little worn. I wanted to make sure my kids would be super warm when they were waiting for the bus or playing in the snow. The coats are amazingly warm!

Last year I saw a coat on amazon for $15. Online it looked like a good winter coat. It wasn’t too warm at all. Also the zipper was always getting jammed making it impossible for ds to open it and close it by himself. I don’t have this coat anymore / got rid of it...

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 12:17 am
I saw some coats on jc penny’s for under $50. Check out kids coats.

studying_torah

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 9:34 am
Gotta second the Gerry coats from Costco- super warm, versatile w the inner zip out jacket and not expensive. One of my kids is outgrowing theirs, but it's still in great condition after 3 years.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 10:58 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Link, please

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

Can't tell you quality till we've gone a whole winter through it, but it looks warm and is puffy.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 12:00 pm
Thank you for your suggestions! :-)

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 10:39 pm
For closures sake - I went to Marshall’s today and found a boys coat and a girls coat for $16.99 each, very warm! They’re not beautiful.. but will work.
My plan is that as soon as $ gets easier I’m replacing them with something more to my taste :-)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics