Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Keto diet how is it okay to eat chicken skin??bad for heart?

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 6:57 am
I understand that keto diet the goal is to use the fat for energy instead of carbs but I thought u are supposed to only eat healthy fats like fish with omega 3, avocado, dark 70% cocoa chocolate, olive oil....

So my question is about chicken skin. I know fat from chicken skin is bad fat bad for heart so how can ppl eat it on keto, isnt really damaging for the body bec it can clog arteries??

Also eggs is controversial I see some places say its bad fat high cholesterol some say its good fat good cholesterol.

Im so confused bec im dieting but also want to eat healthier especially heart healthy.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 7:31 am
The only thing unhealthy about chicken fat is if you use non-organic, antibiotic-pumped chicken. Animal fat is actually very, very healthy and extremely important for the immune system to function. Butter, ghee, shmaltz.... All of these are very good. Many times if you give a sickly person a lot of animal fat products, their bodies behave better.
Oils like canola, etc, are bad. But don't worry about the chicken skin, if you are using a good company.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 11:33 am
amother wrote:
The only thing unhealthy about chicken fat is if you use non-organic, antibiotic-pumped chicken. Animal fat is actually very, very healthy and extremely important for the immune system to function. Butter, ghee, shmaltz.... All of these are very good. Many times if you give a sickly person a lot of animal fat products, their bodies behave better.
Oils like canola, etc, are bad. But don't worry about the chicken skin, if you are using a good company.

Thanks for replying, so what about the kosher chicken I buy in seasons or another Jewish store, are the skins of those chickens healthy? U said it depends,on the company. I get the typical kosher chickens.

mha3484

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 11:37 am
I have read recently that there is also a difference in fat from poultry versus red meat. Fat from red meat should be avoided more then poultry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise