Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Shabbulb vs. Kosher Lamp?

Cheiny

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 7:06 pm
Has anyone tried the Shabbulb? How does it compare to the kosher lamp? I’m thinking of switching...

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 7:11 pm
I have one. We bought it for a room that doesn't have a dresser in it or specific place to put a lamp on, and we were going to have guests in that room one shabbos. So we inserted it into a lampholder adapter in the wall outlet. Kind of like a nightlight.

It worked well for what we needed it for. But it doesn't compare to a shabbos lamp. The shabbulb gives off very limited amount of light.

I'm happy I have it. It's perfect for traveling along with the adapter. I wouldn't take a whole lamp with me in a suitcase. But it's not strong enough for every week use.

beestar

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 7:19 pm
I used to have kosher lamp in my bedroom but then I got a nice lamp so I bought shabbulb. Love it! It can go from lighting up the room to dim easily. Although kosher lamp u can direct the light to one side of the room...shabbulb cannot

MGmom

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 9:02 pm
Using my shabbulb all week in all my lamps n sconces, love that we can dim living areas Friday night n no bulky shabbos lamps anywhere

flapsmom

Post Thu, Oct 11 2018, 11:05 pm
I have and like both. The advantage of the shabbulb is that I can use it in my decorative lamps without having another bulky lamp. It is very bright and easy to dim.

Cheiny

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 10:52 am
Thanks everyone. But why did one person say shabbulb is not nearly as bright as I lamp, while the others seem to say it is bright?

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 10:58 am
I love my Shabbos Bulbs . I keep one in the decorative lamp on my night-table. No need for an additional Shabbos lamp. It's great because I can adjust how light or dim I want it. I make it lighter for reading but dimmer for the time I need to feed the baby etc and not want to awaken my DH in the middle of the night.

I keep the Shabbos lamp in my guest room.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 11:05 am
Cheiny wrote:
Thanks everyone. But why did one person say shabbulb is not nearly as bright as I lamp, while the others seem to say it is bright?

Maybe because I'm used to focusing the light to one area for reading.

Cheiny

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 1:56 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Maybe because I'm used to focusing the light to one area for reading.

So that’s my question. If I want the room bright enough for others to read as well, is the Shabbulb bright enough? Or is it more concentrated on one spot?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 2:01 pm
It's just a lightbulb of 40 watt equivalent. See what sort of lightbulb strength you have now and how many light bulbs are being used at one time for adequate light.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars