Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Flashbacks from my inspiring teacher

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 7:34 pm
I was a painfully shy child, my mother had to much on her shoulders to care about my progress. I went from year to year just about making it socially and academically. The year I turned bas mitzva was the year someone took notice and believed in me. From that day on I only blossomed. Today I was listening to old music when the song of my bas mitzvah choir came up. I literally stopped what I was doing and sang along whilst these warm memories came flooding through. Mrs x decided to love me unconditionally. She chose me together wirh the loud popular girls and taught us the harmony after school for the bas mitzvah choir. She always bought up my name where I would usually be invisible. I was 12 and now I'm 30, when I think if her I smile and warmth fills my soul. I am now a outgoing, successful person bH but I thank her for bringing me light in my dark days,
Teachers out there look out for the frightened invisible ones. They will never forget u!

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 9:41 pm
I had a first grade English teacher that I'm really appreciative of. I wasn't doing very well academically and I was shy and she was so nice to me. She made me feel so special.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 10:11 pm
I think that those teachers that go that extra mile are the true heroines.
They are the unsung heros and really the key to our future success.

I myself had a highschool teacher who devoted her life to me. I must've been such a pain in the neck and she never let me feel like I was. Literally even in the summer while she was vacationing , on Shabbos and Yom Tov she invited me to be with her family, during the week she was available for me at any time during the day or night. She actually drove me to my wedding on my wedding day. She was an older single and it must've been so hard for her, but she wanted to share in every aspect of my simcha. I remain forever indebted to her.

My sister had unbelievable elementary school teachers who each year took her home to their house after school, gave her supper and did homework with her and had her "help" them with her kids.
Another teacher took her to her nephews bris and other family simchos.
Her fourth grade teacher still calls her now (she's in her 30s, went OTD and is not what they envisioned their students to be like) the teacher calls her around once a year to check up on her and to see how she is doing.

These people are unbelievable and have a huge zechus.
If you change one person you change the world, and these teachers definitely did that!

Thanks OP, for starting this thread .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics