Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
A mitzvah/chessed a day

amother
Green

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 8:27 am
It was just my birthday- happy bday to me-It was a big one(although every year alive is a big one) I was thinking that I would like to work on doing a mitzvah/chessed a day this year- obviously, we all do mitzvot and chasadim, but I want to make it part of my day and be aware of it so that each night I think- what good did I do today. There are easy ones like greeting someone with a smile, giving tzedaka, helping make a meal.... I would love to hear suggestions.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 8:29 am
Mazel tov!

What a beautiful inspirational post! Much hatzlocha! already inspiring more ahavas yisroel.

Ad meah v esrim!

in happiness health and joy

amother
Green

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 8:29 am
amother wrote:
Mazel tov!

What a beautiful inspirational post!

Ad meah v esrim!

in happiness health and joy

amen- thanks!!!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 9:24 am
Happy birthday!!!

You can do little acts of kindness like putting back the neighbors garbage cans, giving somene a compliment with a smile, visiting an old woman, calling a person to check up on them, if you have a preschool child you can write a compliment on the bottom of the mitzvah note, taking out a lonely person for lunch or something....

southernbubby

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 9:30 am
I'm glad that you find making a meal easy because for me it is time and money consuming. Sometimes I find it easier to make part of a meal. I also see those who contribute something to a Shalom Zachor or Shabbos kallah. They bake cookies for those events.

I find it easy, however, to visit elderly shut-ins. We get a bunch of magazines for free and one of those ladies loves these women's magazines.

I also think that it is important to attend funerals and make shiva calls if I know either the mourner or the person who was nifter. For people for whom I am close, I usually arrange or contribute to a cold cut tray from a caterer or other alternative food.

You could combine chessed with your other activities such as taking along someone else's child when you take yours to the playground or library. You could offer to pick up something from the store if you know someone who could use that help.

If you have room in your home, you could host OOT guests for simchas of your friends and neighbors.

If you have a car and some spare time, you could give someone a ride to the doctor. There are women here in that category who I sometimes help.

Are there people who you can help with shidduchim such as offering to be a reference, offering the use of your car for dates, taking the single shopping for clothing or hair styling, or actually suggesting shidduchim and setting them up?

Can you help an organization by doing phone, computer, or mailings?

Can you help someone who needs a driver's licence by helping them practice for their test? (I have done that but it really makes me nervous).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics