Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What kind of shoes with this dress?

srbmom

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 6:04 pm
What kind of shoes would you wear with this type of dress?

https://www.aliexpress.com/ite......html

I'd like to wear it to work so would prefer the shoes are not sneakers. Will be wearing black opaque tights.

Any suggestions? Thanks

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 6:09 pm
Ankle boots or any casual winter shoe. Happens to be, dressy sneakers are trendy now, many women wear them to work.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 6:16 pm
Can you please post a link with trendy sneakers? Ty

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 6:17 pm
Dont laugh, I dont know how to post a link! I'm really not tech savvy. Go check out the local shoe stores, theres a nice selection of loafer style sneakers.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 6:29 pm
amother wrote:
Ankle boots or any casual winter shoe. Happens to be, dressy sneakers are trendy now, many women wear them to work.

A chunky ankle boot:

https://www.qvc.com/qvc.produc.....pping|L|BrandProduct|accessories|shoes-_-pla-_-sQ769c6nI|dc_44878062667_371235502001__A303718-BS1-O43_&mkwid=sQ769c6nI|dc_pcrid_44878062667_371235502001_pkw__pmt__productid_A303718-BS1-O43&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9ZDeBRD9ARIsAMbAmobktIFQGZV9W23C4CBw6JjP2v3enGP7U9BX-DbUp3-o-8i_gxi4gVsaAk2tEALw_wcB

I'm old. "Dressy sneakers" is an oxymoron. Then again, that dress is extremely casual, so maybe.

asmileaday

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 6:33 pm
I would do booties. Love the dress! Do you mind sharing how accurate the sizing runs? I think I want to order it.

srbmom

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 6:47 pm
Quote:
A chunky ankle boot:

These are cute!!! They don't have the greatest reviews though - but I'm going to see if I can find something similar

srbmom

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 6:51 pm
Quote:
Do you mind sharing how accurate the sizing runs?

I don't actually have this dress. I was looking for a picture similar to mine so I could post it. I was thinking it is cute though Very Happy

I don't like to buy clothes on Ali express. Look at shein.com they have lots of adorable dresses that are cheap, shipping takes 2-3 days (unlike Ali Express) and their returns are really easy. Read reviews and sizing measurements to get the right fit on each item.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 6:53 pm
A white sole sneaker shoe (the main part bring black) like these https://m.kohls.com/product/pr.....WcDtw
or any black not busy flat.

QUEENY

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 8:39 pm
I have one...I either wear it with my ankle booties or my black slip on sneaker shoe with a white sole and black tights

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 8:43 pm
So cute but it says “not available “

Miri7

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 10:26 pm
ankle boots.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 11:04 pm
FYI I ordered this dress and it pimples so bad , I got so little use out of it.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 12:07 am
srbmom wrote:
I don't like to buy clothes on Ali express. Look at shein.com they have lots of adorable dresses that are cheap, shipping takes 2-3 days (unlike Ali Express) and their returns are really easy.

Really? Is this the same company with an "F" rating on BBB.ORG?

https://www.bbb.org/us/nj/n-br.....71997

srbmom

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 6:50 am
Quote:
Really? Is this the same company with an "F" rating on BBB.ORG?

https://www.bbb.org/us/nj/n-br.....1-90171997

Wow! My sisters and I order from them all the time and have not even once had an issue. Definitely something good to keep in mind though. Thanks for the warning

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 7:15 am
amother wrote:

If you work in your local heimish office, yes.
Not if you work in a professional environment

Maya

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 7:22 am
amother wrote:
If you work in your local heimish office, yes.
Not if you work in a professional environment

I don’t think anyone who works in the kind of professional environment you have in mind can get away with wearing this dress in the first place. I think that if someone considers this appropriate workplace clothes, she can probably wear dressy sneakers, whatever that is.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 7:53 am
Maya wrote:
I don’t think anyone who works in the kind of professional environment you have in mind can get away with wearing this dress in the first place. I think that if someone considers this appropriate workplace clothes, she can probably wear dressy sneakers, whatever that is.

I think the dress itself might be ok but unless it's an official casual Friday, I'd stick with the shoeties.

srbmom

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 9:44 am
It's the kind of workplace I can get away with the dress because a lot of the people are young and trendy, but I'll definitely pass on the sneakers and try to go with a bootie.
Thanks for all the suggestions!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics