Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Orthodontist

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 11:11 pm
Anybody have recommendation's for an orthodontist in Boro Park. I heard of Dr Zweihorn and Dr Steinberg. Anybody, happy with them or have somebody else to recommend? Thank you

asmileaday

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 12:52 am
I have used Dr. Zweihorn for consultations (my kids are too young still) and he was always extremely nice.
There's also Dr. Eisenberg on 48 between 13 and 14. Never used him. I'm curious if any posters have experience with either one.
I'll be following.

rdmom

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 2:08 am
I am using dr Eisenberg for my kids. Very happy. Never wait long in the waiting room and very patient dentists. Nicest ppl working there.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 2:48 pm
rdmom wrote:
I am using dr Eisenberg for my kids. Very happy. Never wait long in the waiting room and very patient dentists. Nicest ppl working there.

Where is he located?

ladYdI

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 3:05 pm
Third child by zweihorn now. Does a great job but they won’t see you or fix any bracket in between appts. Also they don’t handle money and insurance professionally. But lots of my friends and fam also use steinberg and the discussion was that he makes everybody with a wide big smile which is not very flattering.

ladYdI

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 3:07 pm
Also important to take into consideration is location. Remember that you will be having frequent appointments and you want it to be easy for your child to be able to go and come from there sometimes by themselves

asmileaday

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 10:03 am
ladYdI wrote:
Third child by zweihorn now. Does a great job but they won’t see you or fix any bracket in between appts. Also they don’t handle money and insurance professionally. But lots of my friends and fam also use steinberg and the discussion was that he makes everybody with a wide big smile which is not very flattering.

My siblings and I all used Steinberg as kids and we now have beautiful teeth (if I may say so myself!) I have no idea what you mean by wide smile. I wouldn't use them for my kids because they're too far from me.
I wonder what you mean about Zweihorn not handling money professionally? It could be my experience confirms what you're saying, but for me it was an advantage. I was there twice for panoramic X-rays and consult for my child. Both times they did it for free. And I know they didn't bill my insurance- I checked.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 12:06 pm
ladYdI wrote:

How can you make someone with a wide big smile, unless they already have mouths shaped like that. Short of extensive surgery, don't think you can. That's probably their natural shape. (I don't know and never met Dr. Steinberg.)

ladYdI

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 12:13 pm
Not sure exactly but braces can def manipulate the shape of your teeth and your smile
As per zweihorn ins they didn’t bill my ins until 6 months later and at that time I switched ins and they didn’t get paid. Still working it out with them. Then they will call me when my kid arrives that they won’t see her unless I pay $300 by cc now. They shud always let me know about money before appt. one time they tried to call me while I was at work in meeting and they couldn’t reach me so they sent my daughter back to school without being seen! We were all so mad! I never gave them a problem with payment in the past. They just don’t don’t have professional well trained staff doing their finances

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 9:32 am
asmileaday wrote:
I have used Dr. Zweihorn for consultations (my kids are too young still) and he was always extremely nice.
There's also Dr. Eisenberg on 48 between 13 and 14. Never used him. I'm curious if any posters have experience with either one.
I'll be following.

No experience, but I'm pretty sure he's Dr. Eisenberger, not Eisenberg.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 9:33 am
My son is currently seeing Dr. Steinberg and we're quite pleased. I'm also a former Steinberg patient.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 11:49 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
No experience, but I'm pretty sure he's Dr. Eisenberger, not Eisenberg.

Eisenberger- makes sense. Never used them I just remember seeing the sign.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics