Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Left crockpot on high 4 days is it safe to use now???

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 6:36 am
I put crockpot on every Fri right before shabbos like I always do bec I put up the chulent right before shabbis.

But, motzei shabbos I I wanted to put it off but By mistake I TURNED IT TO HIGH IT WAS ON ALL THE WAY (empty nothing inside) UNTIL THIS MORNING WEN I noticed and put it off

So it was on Fri night through Tues morning. The plastic on from by knob was coming off but is it safe to use now???

I know its meant to use for a long Tim but I never keep it on on 2 or 3 day ypm tov so???

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 8:10 am
Once it is completely cool, turn it back on (with water inside the crock) and see how it behaves. If everything is normal, then you should be OK. If it doesn't heat up, or if it starts to smoke, then you've ruined the element and should replace it. Fortunately, most crock pots are pretty cheap.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen