Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Teen dd needs to learn to take pills
Previous  1  2

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 5:53 pm
This might sound counterproductive but I've heard of kids wrapping the pill in a taffy. It makes it a drop bigger but it tastes better and slides down the throat more easily

momof2+?

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 10:15 pm
I practiced as a kid by putting a cheerio on the back of my tongue and swallowing. I guess it got me used to the sensation of swallowing something whole.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 10:18 pm
amother wrote:
Can you please explain? How exactly do you learn to swallow pills using a straw?

Drink the liquid with the straw, it will go right to the back of the mouth and push the pills own easily

Orchid

Post Sun, Oct 14 2018, 11:10 pm
I can not do it at all if it's on the back of my tongue; must be in the front. Maybe that could work for her.

madys

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 11:09 am
My teens still have problems with pills. They chew up a piece of pretzel or cracker or cheerio, and then when it's mashed they put the pill in their mouth with the chewed up food and swallow it together.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 12:18 pm
I taught myself using raisins.

DD learned how using chocolate pudding. It's thicker and slipperier than applesauce, plus, chocolate! Very Happy Now she can dry swallow tablets, and I just look at her like "who are you?" shock

healthymom1

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 12:22 pm
Put pill in mouth. Water. Look down and swallow. Pill floats to back of mouth when looking down...

YouTube has many ideas...

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 15 2018, 1:15 pm
I still can't swallow, only if I'm eating bread and right before swallowing put a pill. Check her tongue to see if it's tied

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 8:59 am
Thank you, everyone!!

We will have to find time to try again. You see how long it took to find time to check the thread!!

We welcome more ideas if anyone else has.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Oct 16 2018, 10:04 am
amother wrote:
I still can't swallow, only if I'm eating bread and right before swallowing put a pill. Check her tongue to see if it's tied

My DH (who can't swallow pills) has a tongue that's tied. Why would that affect a person's ability to swallow pills?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics