Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Visiting NYC with teens..pizza? Etc

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 9:40 pm
I'm going to NYC next week with my 14 year old daughter, and her good friend. We'll be meeting my friend, with her 12 and 16 year old dds. Where's the least pricey place to get pizza in midtown that's good? What else can I do with them in the evening there? Thanx.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 9:45 pm
Bravo

doctorima

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 10:09 pm
You can also get pizza, and an expanded menu, at Milk and Honey in Midtown, for just a little bit more money. Check if Bryant Park ice skating will open before you leave. Other options are Gulliver's Gate, VR World, and Spyscape, all indoors and great for adults and teens.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 10:18 pm
National Geographic is also fun to do. It’s on the same block at Gullivers Gate.

Milk and Honey is pretty okay. Check out ice skating at Rockifeller Plaza. There are some stores there as well.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 6:22 am
Thanx for the ideas! I'm on a tight budget. Are any of the above ideas free? Not so pricey?

momX4

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 7:44 am
If the weather is not to bad, you can go on a walk on the Highlands. It's a converted train tracks, redone into a beautiful walking path with a stunning view of the city and beyond.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 8:55 am
J2 has delicious pizza.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:28 am
momX4 wrote:
If the weather is not to bad, you can go on a walk on the Highlands. It's a converted train tracks, redone into a beautiful walking path with a stunning view of the city and beyond.

That’s it not near midtown.

The rest of the idea mentioned are pretty pricey.

I would do pizza (bravo) and then walk around Times Square if ur comfortable with that- the cereal store. And just seeing the action is fun.

Or Bryant park but I don’t know if the shops are open yet. There a free tour at the public library there once a day I don’t remember what time.

Strolling on 5th Avenue. Waking into Rockefeller center, take a picture, checking out the LEGO store (cool to see for a few min at any age)

doctorima

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 10:29 am
Unfortunately Manhattan is one of the most expensive places to visit in the US, and midtown is probably the most expensive part of Manhattan. The rents there they have to cover are outrageous! There are museums that you pay whatever you want to go in, and some have free days, so perhaps look into those.

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:01 am
Sony museum is free.
Central park is free. All shopping malls/ stores are for free if you dont buy just look. Just window shopping or stepping into Macys is an experience in of at its own.
Disney stores are nice to see.

doctorima

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:35 am
The Sony Museum was nice while it lasted, but it closed about 3 years ago. I've heard that FAO Schwartz will be reopening near Rockefeller Center, where it's fun to watch people ice skate (or splurge and go yourselves, but it's a fortune to ice skate there; Bryant Park is more economical).

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 7:18 pm
My kids heard of schnitzel express and really want to go there. Is thay easy to get to from port authority? Walking? Subway? Thanx.

jflower

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 7:25 pm
https://citymapper.com/trip/Tsp34qeb7pr

according to citymapper it's a 7 minute walk from Port Authority.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:17 pm
OP, prepare to be shocked at the price of things in Manhattan.

Bravo pizza may be Manhattan cheap, but it's extremely expensive compared to virtually anywhere else. I was there yesterday, bought two slices, a can of coke and a fruit cup and spent $20.

re getting around, use maps.google.com to get directions to anywhere - walking, public transport, driving - they will give you all the info including time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics