Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
ISO store, Flatbush, for first bra for self conscious DD?
Previous  1  2

cookiewriter

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 6:05 pm
I doubt she needs a minimizer since she sounds small, if you’re just getting her her first bra now.
In that case, target has loads of tween bras by the girls clothing.
I ordered like 10 online just now for my next daughter who’s 12. Cute age appropriate sports bras, light padding . I live in flatbush too.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 6:14 pm
What could have been so traumatic? Would you clarify?

cookiewriter

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 6:35 pm
Imagine a bunch of chatty no holds barred Israeli ladies staring at your boobs and analyzing your body and making comments

gilamom

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 6:38 pm
I took my DD to Inspirations on Kings Highway, there's a taller woman who was a huge help in making her feel comfortable, I think her name was Rose?

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 6:45 pm
amother wrote:
Just wondering are there any stores that let you take home a few for your daughter and let her try on at home and then return ones that don't fit?

Myself allows you to do that. They've been so helpful when my shy daughter refused to come along with me. They gave me a few styles they thought can work, even explained to me what to look out for to ensure it fits and allowed me to return the others to exchange or get store credit. Def worth a try.

thepickled

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 6:49 pm
Inspirations on Kings Highway is wonderful, it’s a mother and daughter business and the daughter is so sensitive and nice. They also have alterations done on premises. Lace Intimates in Crown Heights is a new place, it feels really private and beautiful. The two owners are young and really nice and do an excellent job fitting.

I had the worst experience at Saposh as a teenager as well - don’t go there, whatever you do!

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 7:37 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
My very overweight daughter is 13. I buy bras for her by the bunches in target
She tries on herself
And I return whatever is no good
I get her underwire and lightly padded. She is very small on top though. If your dd needs a minimizer you can buy on onehanesplace.com

I wouldn't even know where to start. ..how do I figure out what to buy? She is small on top, but needs something..can you please suggest some specific name brands or styles you use?

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Oct 17 2018, 7:39 pm
Yes!! I also had a traumatic experience when I went as a young girl to Saposh. I felt so exposed and vulnerable it was awful!! Don't take ur daughter there!!!

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 12:40 am
omg, what happened in saposh that everyone is so traumatized? I went there, got fitted, paid and left. Oh, the lady did tell me that my bra is not really a bra, it is an undershirt. Which was true. It was a sports bra, no underwire, no padding, and it didn't even sit on my sides, because I had lost so much weight (from stress!) that is kind of just hung on me without touching my skin. I agreed with her.
what happened with everyone else?

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 5:17 am
pesek zman wrote:
I have the worst, most traumatic memories of my first time at Saposh, so I'd say, not there

Same here.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 10:00 am
I also had a really bad experience at Saposh. I literally went around with bras that were too small on me for a very long time, since I didn't want to go back there. B'H as a kallah I stumbled on Inspirations on Kings Highway between East 7th and East 8th Street. Rose (tall Sephardic lady) is so nice and normal about it, she fit me really well and took out all the awkwardness. I got some really nice stuff there, and have been going there ever since.

Inspirations is awesome- ask for Rose. It's well worth it!

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jul 12 2019, 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 12:26 pm
I pm’ed you and gave you my cell re: what to get at target or ones hanes place

serenity8843

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 3:49 pm
I had a very positive experience at Myself in Boro Park when I was a Kallah. Before then, I would go to Nordstrom. Nordstrom is nice since you will be fitted by an individual who is not part of your frum community and it is also less likely that you will meet frum people that you will know.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 3:54 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
I pm’ed you and gave you my cell re: what to get at target or ones hanes place

Op here. How did you pm me, if I am amother?

hodeez

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 4:18 pm
When I was of bra age my mother took me to Marshalls and we got a bunch of different bras to try on in the fitting room. We went home with two well fitting ones and that was that. Does that sound like something you could do?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children