Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Baby gift for #5?

madys

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 12:27 pm
My friend had her 5th child recently (a boy). The oldest is in 1st grade. I'd like to send her a gift, but I'm clueless!! She's not into manicures and stuff like that.

I was thinking a barnes and noble gift card, but that seems impersonal.

She's in Lakewood btw

Thanks!

singleagain

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 12:40 pm
What about a game or toy to occupy the older kids? Something like magna tiles would be nice

flowerpower

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 12:41 pm
What about a breakfast?

madys

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 1:13 pm
singleagain wrote:
What about a game or toy to occupy the older kids? Something like magna tiles would be nice

I don't know what they already have, but they probably have magnatiles. Thanks for the suggestion

madys

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 1:14 pm
flowerpower wrote:
What about a breakfast?

That's interesting! How would that work logistically? (I'm not near Lakewood)

ahuva06

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 1:19 pm
madys wrote:
I don't know what they already have, but they probably have magnatiles. Thanks for the suggestion

Magnatiles (and those types of toys) are always nice to build up on - the more the merrier in my opinion but if it doesn't feel right that's okay too..

Sending a breakfast is also a wonderful idea. People do it as a business. You can start another thread asking for suggestions of people who do a nice job. Usually these people deliver as part of the service.

essie14

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 1:25 pm
Amazon gift card

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 1:36 pm
madys wrote:

I think that’s so nice! U call up a dairy place like kava and they deliver it. There are also ppl that advertise they do this

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 1:50 pm
Anything with baby name, pic, initial
I'd hate a mani or massage personally as I would feel bad not to use it and wouldn't want to

mom!

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 3:12 pm
There is a couple of places that do breakfast delivery, you need to call a day or two in advance.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 3:48 pm
I have given books as baby gifts but I buy the kind that have laminated pages or are board books. The older children could enjoy the books as well as the baby when he is a bit older. You would have to get it from a place that accepts returns if they already have that book.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 4:07 pm
With five kids under seven years old I’m sure any help you can get her would be appreciated. Can you hire someone from a cleaning agency to come for a day or chip in with other friends and get a night nurse?

Or following the breakfast theme you can have dinner or even shabbos delivered to her door.

Tell us with idea you’d like and we’ll help you with vendors.

bargainlover

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 4:30 pm
madys wrote:

Bread breakfast and beyond does phenomenal delicious breakfast packages. I'd love if someone send me that, I'd feel so pampered. Plus I love having normal food after a baby and don't usually have the mind to do it so I end up noshing. Her number is 732 961 0202

ShoeMaven

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 8:30 pm
Someone sent me breakfast after I had my twins and it was the best gift ever!! I got plenty of “regular” gifts. This was for me. And it was HUGE. You really can’t go wrong. I mean what’s not to like about a gourmet breakfast dropped off at your door
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics