Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
My daughter just got glasses

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 8:05 pm
My nine year old just got glasses and she is very uncomfortable, her eyes hurt and she feels dizzy. I just called the doctor's office and the secretary said that it might take a few days to adjust, especially given that this is her very first pair. Has anyone experienced a new pair of glasss or have children who experienced this? I really hope this feeling is normal.....

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 8:08 pm
Yes I've also experienced this. It took me about a week to get used to it.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 8:08 pm
I got glasses in 4th grade and remember feeling similarly. In fact, every time I get a new pair of glasses I experience dizziness until I get used to them...

momX4

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 8:10 pm
She should put on her glasses for the first time right away when she wakes us in the morning.

Mommy1:)

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:12 pm
were they adjusted to her face? If the optician did not check and they're crooked or not centered properly she may experience dizziness etc.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:23 pm
It’s normal for a day or two but if it persists it’s worth double checking that the lenses were put in correctly and with the right prescription.
My friends son was dizzy from his glasses for a while but he was continually told he needs to get used to it.
Only a year later by his next checkup did they realize his prescription was mixed up and each eye had the opposite eyes prescription.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 12:55 am
Did you fill it at a cheap store?
I find the better stores tend to fill better prescriptions.

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 6:30 am
How high is her prescrition? My son's went from +2 to +4.5 and the eye doctor gave him +3.5 for 6 months so he can get used to them, and then we will go back and she will prescibe new lenses.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 8:43 am
amother wrote:
I got glasses in 4th grade and remember feeling similarly. In fact, every time I get a new pair of glasses I experience dizziness until I get used to them...

I don't remember which grade I got glasses but otherwise I have the same experience.

Shuly

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 10:11 am
If it persists for more than a few days, they should check for an astigmatism.

momX4

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 4:36 pm
If it's still a problem have the eye glass store confirm the prescription. My ds had his prescription filled incorrectly once.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children