Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
LAKEWOOD CHASUNA--WHERE TO GO FOR WEDDING NIGHT?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 7:32 pm
Don’t mean to hijack...anyone know who in the Lakewood area send breakfast to hotels?

bargainlover

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 7:36 pm
amother wrote:
Don’t mean to hijack...anyone know who in the Lakewood area send breakfast to hotels?

Bread breakfast and beyond

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 7:44 pm
amother wrote:
Wow- I was asking a question, not asking for comments.

Yes, it is the chosson's side who makes the arrangements and for all my sons so far (4) I have made the reservations. Unfortunately, they all have different preferences and driving abilities so I cannot reserve the same place as I had in the past. (or they were not happy with their choice)

Don't all presume that your chosson made the decisions & reservations for you, as well as paid. That is usually done by parents, but kudos to you if your chosson can do it all!

No. That is not usually done by parents.

mlc

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 8:03 pm
amother wrote:

‘cookit’ might - contact Info is 732-492-1067 or cookitnj@gmail.com (I’m totally not affiliated with it but heard raving reviews Smile )

ysdm

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 8:28 pm
amother wrote:
My son suggested the Hilton Garden but they have a note on their website saying they are doing renovations during the time of the chasuna so I figured it may not be so nice to go there.

I did see Ramada in Toms River that seemed nice. I was going to call them to find out if they have a special kind of room or bridal suite.

If it's on rt9/70 don't go there. My family stayed there once it was awful. Feel free to pm me for details

alwayscooking

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 8:33 pm
Berkeley hotel it's on the water by Asbury Park I set a chosson and kallah to stay there. Also don't know how long a drive u want buy Hilton New Brunswick or the Hyatt should b very nice!

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 8:41 pm
We went to W in Hoboken which was a bit of a drive but very nice
My dh arranged it all including late checkout
I wasn't 21 so they had to remove the alcohol from the minibar lol

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:27 pm
Berkely in asbury park is deserted and a bit creepy...
Oyster Point in redbank is really nice BUT make sure to check in BEFORE the wedding or you may end up without a room (happened to my DH friend, they came at 2 AM and their room was given away. They were put up in the sister-hotel Molly Pitcher which was old and smelly)

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 9:40 pm
I was at the Berkeley for Pesach. The whole place was renovated and pleasant. I am picky, usually stay at Ritz carlton etc when I go on vacation and I found the Berkely to be fine. You can go check it out!

bobeli

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:03 pm
Google it and read the reviews, usually they are accurate

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:39 pm
alwayscooking wrote:
Berkeley hotel it's on the water by Asbury Park I set a chosson and kallah to stay there. Also don't know how long a drive u want buy Hilton New Brunswick or the Hyatt should b very nice!

FYI New Brubswick is an hour away

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 11:41 pm
Breakers hotel in Spring Lake. About a half hour awsy. We stayed there once. Old but charming. Right across from the ocean.

DrMom

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 2:45 am
amother wrote:
Wow- I was asking a question, not asking for comments.

Yes, it is the chosson's side who makes the arrangements and for all my sons so far (4) I have made the reservations. Unfortunately, they all have different preferences and driving abilities so I cannot reserve the same place as I had in the past. (or they were not happy with their choice)

Don't all presume that your chosson made the decisions & reservations for you, as well as paid. That is usually done by parents, but kudos to you if your chosson can do it all!

I am 100% sure that my husband made our wedding night arrangements.

I am 100% sure he and I made hotel reservations for many members of our families as well.

I am also 100% sure that my now-DH and I planned our own wedding.

Our parents live overseas and we made all our own arrangements. We were adults, not children, when we married. My DH was certainly capable of calling a reservation desk and reserving a hotel room. This is not a difficult task for most people of marriageable age.

If you want to pay for your son and DIL's hotel stay, that's a nice gesture, but it's kind of odd to assume that an adult man is not capable of arranging this on his own.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 8:54 am
Why can't the parents make arrangements where the couple sleep? Am I missing something?

And is it a thing to go to a hotel on the night of the wedding or is this just because they're from our of town?

Everyone I know just goes to the apartment where they'll be living afterwards. So I don't understand the secret about where they will be staying.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 8:59 am
amother wrote:
Why can't the parents make arrangements where the couple sleep? Am I missing something?

And is it a thing to go to a hotel on the night of the wedding or is this just because they're from our of town?

Everyone I know just goes to the apartment where they'll be living afterwards. So I don't understand the secret about where they will be staying.

This might be cultural. Are you in Israel?

In America it's very accepted (likely because it is done in the secular world) for a couple to go away for their wedding night

And these hotel rooms aren't booked for sleep. They're booked for s*x. Though obviously they sleep too

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 9:21 am
I got married in a hotel, so obviously part of the package was a fancy suite. It was huge. (Two full bathrooms, a very large living dining area, etc. Probably two bedroom- I don't remember.) My mother and sisters and I had our makeup done there, and then they cleaned everything out because that was to be our room for the first night.
The party planner was talking to my mother and said, "And I confirmed with the staff, they're going to put a rollaway bed into the room."
Is that so terrible?!
Did my mother not know I went to kallah classes? D p she even discussed some things with me, like bedikahs. She drove me to the mikvah and picked me up.
Obviously, since then, she's never mentioned anything to do with marital life.

I am yeshivish.

And do you think that most young yeshivish bochurim are paying for the rings and jewelry? (I know some ladies will say their husbands did, but that is not the norm for young yeshivish/chassidish bochurim.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 9:22 am
I got married in a hotel, so obviously part of the package was a fancy suite. It was huge. (Two full bathrooms, a very large living dining area, etc. Probably two bedroom- I don't remember.) My mother and sisters and I had our makeup done there, and then they cleaned everything out because that was to be our room for the first night.
The party planner was talking to my mother and said, "And I confirmed with the staff, they're going to put a rollaway bed into the room."
Is that so terrible?!
Did my mother not know I went to kallah classes? D p she even discussed some things with me, like bedikahs. She drove me to the mikvah and picked me up.
Obviously, since then, she's never mentioned anything to do with marital life.

I am yeshivish.

And do you think that most young yeshivish bochurim are paying for the rings and jewelry? (I know some ladies will say their husbands did, but that is not the norm for young yeshivish/chassidish bochurim.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 1:29 pm
pesek zman wrote:
This might be cultural. Are you in Israel?

In America it's very accepted (likely because it is done in the secular world) for a couple to go away for their wedding night

And these hotel rooms aren't booked for sleep. They're booked for s*x. Though obviously they sleep too

I am and got married in the us but am originally a foreigner bt.

Could you explain why ppl go to a hotel, and practically how do they handle the linen situation after the first night? Leave a mess behind or bring their own linen and redo beds upon arrival?

pesek zman

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 1:30 pm
amother wrote:

Could you explain why ppl go to a hotel, and practically how do they handle the linen situation after the first night? Leave a mess behind or bring their own linen and redo beds upon arrival?

Not sure what you mean. Wet spots dry. Is that what you're referring to?

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 2:28 pm
amother wrote:

Do you change linen every time after you are intimate?
I'd rather skip it then Wink
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics