Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Staten island neighborhoods

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 9:13 pm
Is new springville a neighborhood with a shul? Orthodox? How about bulls head? Can anyone tell me where the orthodox families live in SI and if any of these neighborhood are walking distance to a shul?

pesek zman

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 9:20 pm
Willowbrook has a long standing frum community. Many chassidim are moving into the area now too. There are many Shuls in the neighborhood

doctorima

Post Tue, Oct 09 2018, 10:25 pm
Willowbrook is the largest and most established frum community in SI. New Springville does have an Orthodox shul run by Rabbi Segal (Nachum Segal's brother) - https://www.newspringvillejc.org/. Eltingville is another frum neighborhood. I've never heard of a community in Bullshead.

professor

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 2:09 pm
Where exactly is Eltingville? And is Todd's hill also Jewish?

professor

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 2:10 pm
Are you residents of SI?

doctorima

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 2:45 pm
Eltingville is near the southwest of SI (not far from the yeshiva), starting near the intersection of Richmond Ave. and Arthur Kill and going south from there. I don't know of a frum community in Todt Hill, but I don't live in SI.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 2:46 pm
doctorima wrote:
Eltingville is near the southwest of SI (not far from the yeshiva), starting near the intersection of Richmond Ave. and Arthur Kill and going south from there. I don't know of a frum community in Todt Hill, but I don't live in SI.

Todt Hill is not Jewish. It's a community of large expensive houses, mostly Italians live there I beleive

princess_pretty

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 12:13 am
New springville has 4 or 5 shuls and supposed to be a really community. Eltingville has a small group of ftum families mostly kollel family’s. Willowbrook has a big frum community and now branching out to westerleigh, manor heights, and lower Todt hill. There is another frum neighborhood next to The Yeahiva of Staten Island not sure the name of that neighborhood.

There may be other neighborhoods I don’t know of.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 10:10 am
Willowbrook, Manner heights & Westerleigh all have orthodox community with shuls

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 10:20 am
Willowbrook or Westerleigh for chasidish people. If you want chasidish. Bulls head doesn't really have a frum community.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating