Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Liberty Health Share Ins

Pelli

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 1:48 am
Hi,
I can't afford regular insurance and wld like to sign up with this plan.
Is anyone familiar and has this type of ins?
I wonder if they would pay for medical expenses like having an IUD inserted and paying for all sonograms while pregnant (not yet though if I'm planning an IUD 🤣😂). I use the Klinger group that delivers in Staten Island. Does anyone know if that hospital bills this ins? For people like me that can't get Medicaid due to "high income" and definitely can't afford the high end insurance, is there any other option out there? Please help me understand!!

happyone

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:22 am
Its VERY risky. Ask them questions like what if you had a premature baby, which can cost hundreds of thousands , easily 500k or more for micropreemie. What if you chas v'shalom were diagnosed with an illness? This is not considered real insurance when it comes to a new insurance company taking you on when their coverage maxes out . It works well if you're 100 percent healthy. With pre existing conditions, insurance companies only need to take you on if you had prior medical coverage at time of illness. Health shares are NOT considered covered. Who can predict you wont need more?
Please ask them all these questions. Maybe things have changed since I researched last.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:43 am
There is now a Jewish medshare based in Cleveland that operates on frum principals. I can't join a medshare due to hemophilia C. Basically everyone who pays in, and there are also private donors, share in when someone gets sick. They can't ask you for more money but they could deny coverage if it was determined that you were not sticking to the agreed upon healthy lifestyle.

wow

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 8:48 am
And no they do not cover any forms of birth control but they will cover everything related to pregnancy if you became pregnant while being a member.

Pelli

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 10:56 am
Op here,
Are there then any other options out there for insurance? I'm bh 100% healthy but it's true it's risky if chas vshalom I have a preemie or chas vshalom any emergency comes up. I once had an ectopic pregnancy and bh I was on Medicaid for that year so I was covered fully. What if it happens again on Liberty Health Share?? Scary to think!!
So am I supposed to pay over $500 monthly to be covered properly plus still pay copay? I need another option please.... Hello me

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 11:08 am
They would cover a preemie and an ectopic pregnancy. They would scrutinize your claim, however, because you are promising to live a safe and "clean" life and if they think that an illness is due to bad habits, they won't cover it.

wow

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 12:23 pm
Pelli wrote:
Op here,
Are there then any other options out there for insurance? I'm bh 100% healthy but it's true it's risky if chas vshalom I have a preemie or chas vshalom any emergency comes up. I once had an ectopic pregnancy and bh I was on Medicaid for that year so I was covered fully. What if it happens again on Liberty Health Share?? Scary to think!!
So am I supposed to pay over $500 monthly to be covered properly plus still pay copay? I need another option please.... Hello me

Take a deep breath. Liberty Health Share is not that scary! Im on it for almost a year and BH am very happy. They process claims in an efficient manner (though it takes a bit longer than regular insurance) and their online interface is very clear and precise. I see exactly what was process and how they negotiated the charges and where I'm up to with my annual unshared amount (which in essence is a deductible)
They cover up to a million per indicident (on the highest tiered plan) and although I've not had a baby while on it yet, I have spoken to two people who did. Both say that liberty worked smoothly for them and everything was covered.
No, it's not an insurance and it wouldn't be my first choice, but after weighing all the costs of private insurance against the risks of a health share I came the decision to go with a health share for now. Hopefully one day the administration will figure something out with the terrible Obamacare and things will change for the better for us but for now I'm glad I have this option.
And yes they would pay for treatment of an ectopic pregnancy as well as miscarriage.

ineedalamborghi

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 5:56 pm
Not sure if this is helpful to the OP but I've heard of quite a few people using Oscar insurance and they are happy with it. The rates seem affordable as well https://www.hioscar.com

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 6:16 pm
Eligibility levels for Medicaid type plans are more flexible for a woman who is pregnant. Would you be eligable for coverage just through the pregnancy according to that? You can crunch the numbers ahead of time to see what your options are.

wow

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 7:37 pm
Also, if you are just a little above medicaid income levels you might qualify for the essential plan, which costs about 20.00 per month and gets you a medicaid hmo plan (sort of like paying for child health plus).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics