Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Anybody done the ASM program for selling on Amazon,?
Previous  1  2

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 3:38 am
I certainly understand what you are saying and I had the same question. They do give a 30 day back guarantee.they are making a ton of money doing this there are thousands of people signing up plus I know they make money from referring us to other sites so they definitely have what's to gain financially.not trying to convince anyone else to do this. I was just looking at feedback from those invented. They will also pay for $5,000of unsold inventory as long as you have followed. Everything in the course.sorry I am in a bus so please excuse whatever errors there are it is hard for me to double-check my voice typing.

Amarante

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 6:13 am
amother wrote:
I certainly understand what you are saying and I had the same question. They do give a 30 day back guarantee.they are making a ton of money doing this there are thousands of people signing up plus I know they make money from referring us to other sites so they definitely have what's to gain financially.not trying to convince anyone else to do this. I was just looking at feedback from those invented. They will also pay for $5,000of unsold inventory as long as you have followed. Everything in the course.sorry I am in a bus so please excuse whatever errors there are it is hard for me to double-check my voice typing.

Paying for up to $5000 of unsold inventory provided you following EVERYTHING in the course is a huge red flag in terms of money back.

Exactly what are they planning to teach you - the actual business of selling on amazon is not that complicated.

What makes the difference is having a product that people want to buy which can be sold at a competitive price. Do you have a product that is competitive in the marketplace or are you relying on these people to find you that product.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 7:51 am
Amarante wrote:
Paying for up to $5000 of unsold inventory provided you following EVERYTHING in the course is a huge red flag in terms of money back.

Exactly what are they planning to teach you - the actual business of selling on amazon is not that complicated.

What makes the difference is having a product that people want to buy which can be sold at a competitive price. Do you have a product that is competitive in the marketplace or are you relying on these people to find you that product.

I haven't sold anything on amazon but researching right now. It seems like being a successful amazon seller amounts to 2 things: Getting your product to appear in the first page of a potential buyer's search results, and getting many good reviews.

There is a whole science to these things, and it is about more than simply having a good product being sold at a competitive price.

But I do agree about the red flag. It wouldn't seem hard for them to claim that there was 1 small detail that you didn't properly follow.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 8:46 am
amother wrote:
I haven't sold anything on amazon but researching right now. It seems like being a successful amazon seller amounts to 2 things: Getting your product to appear in the first page of a potential buyer's search results, and getting many good reviews.

There is a whole science to these things, and it is about more than simply having a good product being sold at a competitive price.

But I do agree about the red flag. It wouldn't seem hard for them to claim that there was 1 small detail that you didn't properly follow.

Been there, done that! If you have a good product with competitive pricing, it will automatically get listed on the first page ( if all instructions are followed ). The product will then receive good feedback as well. IMO, the main thing is to have good items.

I would be skeptical if the person offering the course gets a commission. His opinion could be biased.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 8:50 am
I appreciate hearing everyone's feedback. We have 30 days to cancel so we will start and hopefully make an educated decision whether it is worth continuing for 30 more days or saving the money. I think my husband feels that getting people to answer all of our questions so quickly is worth that much even without the training. We are really learning from a lot of people's mistakes.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 2:40 pm
amother wrote:
I'm an accountant. I don't sell on amazon, but I have a bunch of clients who do.
I'd estimate about 1 in 10 makes a living, 1 in 10 breaks even, and the rest are making losses and are usually out of the game within 2 years.
Don't put in money you can't afford to lose.

The same could probably be said about people who start any business.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 3:02 pm
amother wrote:
The same could probably be said about people who start any business.

Not true. Its about barriers to entry. In a business with barriers to entry, mostly people who get into it have some sort of qualification or experience. Amazon & similar open up the platform to anyone, regardless. Some succeed, most don't. And Amazon eats up most of any profits with effective fees of about 45%.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 3:50 pm
amother wrote:
Not true. Its about barriers to entry. In a business with barriers to entry, mostly people who get into it have some sort of qualification or experience. Amazon & similar open up the platform to anyone, regardless. Some succeed, most don't. And Amazon eats up most of any profits with effective fees of about 45%.

It seems half of all small businesses fail within their first 5 years, and 70% fail in their first 10 years. I couldn't find a comparable statistic for amazon businesses, but those numbers really aren't encouraging.

Also, the flip side of low barriers to entry is that online businesses can arguably risk less capital than brick and mortar stores in getting started. I agree with you regarding Amazon eating into profits with fees.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:18 am
Would love to hear how it went?
I'm considering doing the ASM.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 12:22 pm
We ended up not finishing the program and getting our money back.we are an Israel and we were not successful in getting an Amazon seller's account open. We might try again in the future but for now we decided to put this on the side and focus on another business that we have been working on for the past two years. Thank God it is finally taking off so maybe once that is more settled we can put more energy into this.we would just have to sign up from an American computer so that we don't have a problem.There was a lot of good information in it but I'm not so sure that it's that much more than you can find online for free.We asked a lot of questions on the forum but we found that most people are not interested in taking the time to answer our questions as they are volunteers for the most part.They were very quick about giving us our refund so if you want to give it a try for 30 days it might be worth it knowing that you can get a refund if you don't find it to be helpful enough for the amount of money it costs.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 12:35 pm
If they know how to do so well they would be making millions of dollars doing it rather than making us course

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 12:43 pm
ectomorph wrote:
If they know how to do so well they would be making millions of dollars doing it rather than making us course

Or both. Good to diversify.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics