Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
High School entrance exam... Need help PLEASE!!

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 6:16 pm
We're applying to a few High schools in Brooklyn (this is my oldest daughter so we don't know anything about this yet) and my daughter is so nervous about the entrance exam. Is there anything she can study to prepare for the exams? Does anyone have any info on what at all the tests will be on?
We're applying to Bais Yaakov D'rav Meir, BYA and Mesilas
Thanks for any help at all about this!!

oneofakind

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 6:52 pm
In my days, they told us to know our Yedios Klalios cold. Have you asked her 8th grade teacher? I'm sure they have an idea.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Oct 21 2018, 6:56 pm
oneofakind wrote:
In my days, they told us to know our Yedios Klalios cold. Have you asked her 8th grade teacher? I'm sure they have an idea.

That's what it was in my day as well. Our elemntary school gave us a booklet on yedios klalios and we studied the info in that book. It's a lot of basic knowledge you learn throughout the years.
I studied with classmates and neighbors who were my age. We were all studying the same thing for the same purpose, even though we were applying to different schools.
Things may have changed by now. This was over 20 yrs ago.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 12:53 am
Hi thanks so much for your responses. I will speak to her 8th grade teacher about it.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 6:54 pm
OP Here again. School wasn't really helpful. If anyone has any info (had child recently go to high school?)
Please help??

esuss

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 7:08 pm
My daughter just started 9th grade but in Monsey. Don't know if it's the same as Brooklyn. They were given yedios klalios booklet by school to review. English and math questions that they know girls would have learned already. My daughter was studying a lot for it was very nervous but came out saying how easy it was.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics