Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Male therapist in Monsey

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 7:30 pm
My 15 yo son is showing beginning signs of depression and anxiety. He expressed interest in seeking help. I'm looking for a frum male therapist who specializes in depression and anxiety. I am only interested in using someone who I hear first hand positive information on. (been burnt before and I'd like to do this right..)
Anybody have any experience to share? Thank you.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 7:35 pm
Rabbi Schonbuch.
He comes in from Crown Heights once a week. He's professional and understanding and solution oriented. My husband went to him for depression.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 7:46 pm
amother wrote:
My 15 yo son is showing beginning signs of depression and anxiety. He expressed interest in seeking help. I'm looking for a frum male therapist who specializes in depression and anxiety. I am only interested in using someone who I hear first hand positive information on. (been burnt before and I'd like to do this right..)

You should call Relief - 7184319501
I heard about a therapist in Monsey that specializes in teenage boys but I can't remember my his name. Relief referes people to him. I personally have called relief when I needed a therapist and I found them absolutely amazing. They listened to everything I said and were very caring and even followed up.
Good luck

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 7:51 pm
amother wrote:
You should call Relief - 7184319501
I heard about a therapist in Monsey that specializes in teenage boys but I can't remember my his name. Relief referes people to him. I personally have called relief when I needed a therapist and I found them absolutely amazing. They listened to everything I said and were very caring and even followed up.
Good luck

Thank you pumpkin for the name, I will look into him.
I can't call Relief bec one of the people who answer the phones there is a friend of mine and will know who I am right away. My son asked me to please not reach out to them... I do agree that they can be very helpful!

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 7:57 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you pumpkin for the name, I will look into him.
I can't call Relief bec one of the people who answer the phones there is a friend of mine and will know who I am right away. My son asked me to please not reach out to them... I do agree that they can be very helpful!

When you call relief nobody answers, it's a messaging system, you press a number for the specific person you want to speak to, you leave a message with your number and they call you back.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 7:59 pm
Shragi Reiss is excellent, very skilled and great with teenage boys

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Oct 22 2018, 8:50 pm
There’s also Erik (Tzvi) Tischler inSpring Valley.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 12:05 pm
Im in need of someone for a 14 yr old chassish bochur any ideas?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 3:54 pm
Following this thread. Actually looking for therapist experienced with abuse.

Do you all think a therapist that specializes in teens would work for a 12 year old boy?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 6:18 pm
amother wrote:
Following this thread. Actually looking for therapist experienced with abuse.

Do you all think a therapist that specializes in teens would work for a 12 year old boy?

Call amudim. Google their number. They should be able to refer you to someone capable. Hatzacha!

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 6:21 pm
amother wrote:

I just wanna say: Good for you op, you sound like a terrific parent. Your fifteen year is emotionally in touch enough to realize he needs help, AND he trusts you enough to open up to you about this, AND you’re looking for the best possible help for him instead of shoving it under the rug... I am impressed.
If I were in your position I’d call Rabbi yy Jacobson and ask if he recommends anyone. He’s seen a lot. You can contact him through scheiners shul on forshay road.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 6:58 pm
Jonathan Frohlich. He is the clinical director of CAPS in Monsey, but also has a private practice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children