Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Where is "affordable tuition"?
Previous  1  2

Amarante

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 10:12 am
delete

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 1:45 pm
Thank you so mich for all the info and leads. Great points made abt why MO schools in general are more expensive - and all are reasons I want to send to this type of school.

melbee

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 3:03 pm
amother wrote:
South Bend? I'm not sure what the high school situation for boys is at this point.

South Bend has a high school for boys and one for girls. The boys school just re-opened two years ago, so it's small but growing.

Lita

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 5:41 pm
There's a thread somewhere about a Jewish school in Florida that does not charge tuition... I think it was community supported.

teachkids

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 6:19 pm
Ohio as a whole has tuition subsidized by the state I think.

Sparkle

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 9:22 pm
Check out Columbus, Ohio! We have vouchers here too. Not sure exactly what right wing MO means in terms of co-ed education, but we have a great school here. But know that it is co-ed all the way through 12th. For the most part though, the kids here are great, healthy, well rounded kids.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 9:31 pm
teachkids wrote:
Ohio as a whole has tuition subsidized by the state I think.

No, not really.
There are 2 ways to get tuition vouchers in Ohio as of this writing.
1) You need to live in a place where you would be assigned to a failing public school. You need to be residing by July 31st as well. Cincinnati has its most popular neighborhoods in such an area, but Columbus and Cleveland one has to be more cautious where they move to if they are relying on the EdChoice voucher system.

2) The second way to be eligible is via income. If you are under 200% of the poverty limit, no matter where you live, you may be eligible. This is much less of a sure thing. This past year, the deadline for application (and thereby Ohio residency) was April 30th and it's likely to continue. There was not enough funding for all the applicants. They prioritized renewals, then under 100% of the FPL, and then put the rest on a waitlist. They're clearing that waitlist up still but imagine not knowing if you would definitely qualify for a voucher when you assume you'll be getting one. And then when your income goes up, it's a sliding scale how much your voucher is worth (it's $4,650 right now for a full voucher just like the regular EdChoice system for elementary; 6K for high school) until it phases out.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating