Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
MTJ lower east side

amother

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 1:59 pm
Does anyone here know anything about MTJ on the lower east side? Do they have a good/decent secular studies program? How good is their highschool?

thanks for your help

amother

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 1:42 pm
Bump! Looking for info on this school, 8th grade and high school! Thanks!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 3:06 pm
Ds is going into second grade there. I know nothing about the high school, but they have good secular studies in pre-1A and 1st grade.

nyer1

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 3:46 pm
I believe they are getting a new principal this year.
my husband went there for HS and beis medrash and he turned out great Wink
I think its majority bucharian in the HS right now, but that is not the case for the elementary - 8th grade.
unfortunately I don't know any current students there, but see if maybe the school can get you in touch with some current parents

amother

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 9:54 pm
Thank you very much for your replies! Anyone else with any info please let me know, thanks!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 11:37 pm
I'm open to talking and helping you figure out if it would be a good choice for you, but I don't want to post publicly. If you post a way to contact you I'll do it off the board.

Like all schools, it has its strengths and weaknesses. It's a matter of whether it will meet your needs.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 11:47 pm
nyer1 wrote:
I believe they are getting a new principal this year.
my husband went there for HS and beis medrash and he turned out great Wink
I think its majority bucharian in the HS right now, but that is not the case for the elementary - 8th grade.
unfortunately I don't know any current students there, but see if maybe the school can get you in touch with some current parents

New principal is in HS, unless there's something big I don't know.

crbc

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 8:41 am
amother wrote:
I'm open to talking and helping you figure out if it would be a good choice for you, but I don't want to post publicly. If you post a way to contact you I'll do it off the board.

Like all schools, it has its strengths and weaknesses. It's a matter of whether it will meet your needs.

I guess I can post under my name Smile

Amother, please pm me! Thank you!

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 12:46 pm
Old thread.

Whats the reputation of MTJ now, is it 100% mainstream, and what backgrounds send their sons there?

gigglemom

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 1:09 pm
I'm not sure about the hs, but I know someone who works in the pre1A and 1st grade. And I know rabbi Martin. He's a remarkable person. Really special... he has a bunch of boys in the school, I've been there on a few occasions. The HS boys look fine to me, and the younger grade curriculum is amazing! You can go in and check it out for yourself. I didn't see anything off there. Great atmosphere!!!!

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 1:14 pm
Im only asking about the high school, what the student body was like, etc. in the last few years.

gigglemom

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 1:16 pm
I can find out for you. Hang on....

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 8:28 pm
amother wrote:
Im only asking about the high school, what the student body was like, etc. in the last few years.

BUMP

gigglemom

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 10:39 pm
I just got through to her..... she said it's really a lower east side mix, and a really awesome hs. There are Sephardic and bucharian...... basically all types of lower east side ppl
Lots and lots of luck!!!!!!!

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 11:46 pm
Bumping this up..does anyone know what the hs is like now??
What type of kids are there? How many kids per grade? Is there any extra curricular? Any dress code?
Tia

cuties' mom

Post Thu, Mar 10 2022, 6:34 am
The high school is very small. There are 3 10th graders, all nice east side families. I think 9th grade has 4. I know all 3 10th graders, 2 9th graders, and 2 11th graders, all nice kids from nice families, but there are some kids I don't know. There is lots of learning. The local boys come back for night seder after supper. Thursday night, I think they go out for cholent. The dress code is white button down, dress pants, typical yeshiva dress code.

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Mar 10 2022, 9:47 am
cuties' mom wrote:
The high school is very small. There are 3 10th graders, all nice east side families. I think 9th grade has 4. I know all 3 10th graders, 2 9th graders, and 2 11th graders, all nice kids from nice families, but there are some kids I don't know. There is lots of learning. The local boys come back for night seder after supper. Thursday night, I think they go out for cholent. The dress code is white button down, dress pants, typical yeshiva dress code.

There are 11 kids in the whole HS?

cuties' mom

Post Thu, Mar 10 2022, 1:13 pm
I don't know how many 11th and 12th graders there are. I just know the east side kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics