Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Please help me figure out outerwear situation

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Oct 20 2018, 7:07 pm
I had my first baby a few months ago and don’t know what to do about outerwear. I got a 7am for the car seat. Do I need to get another bunting for the stroller? Do I also get a snowsuit or jacket for when he’s not in either one?

oneofakind

Post Sat, Oct 20 2018, 7:53 pm
It depends on whether your baby will be more often in a car seat or a stroller this winter. You will need a jacket regardless because as it gets warmer, the covering over the car seat is too hot. In middle of the winter you'll want a blanket in there (it's easier than a jacket, just stuff it in). If baby will be in stroller in middle of winter you'll need snowsuit and bunting or blanket.

mha3484

Post Sat, Oct 20 2018, 8:03 pm
I have fall and winter babies so they all wore something like this as newborns and then we would use a blanket if it was crazy cold. Most of our trips were in and out of a heated car. Not walking outside.

https://www.carters.com/carter.....rwear

Post Sat, Oct 20 2018, 11:51 pm
In many European countries people put a lambskin blanket in the stroller when it gets cold. If you’re out and about on foot often then I would look into this and definitely also buy a snowsuit. I had one for my children and it was very useful.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 7:06 pm
bump. I just tried using the 7am in the doona and it was way too tight for him. what should I do?? I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and wasn't going to shlep the doona downstairs. I usually take him out and carry him but if I'm using a bundle me then I can't ever take him out of the car seat until he's indoors. what do people do?

987gold

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 7:21 pm
That's why I like a snowsuit. For tomorrow a jacket or sweatshirt and blanket may work

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 7:26 pm
987gold wrote:
That's why I like a snowsuit. For tomorrow a jacket or sweatshirt and blanket may work
but I thought those aren't safe in car seats?

pesek zman

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 7:26 pm
987gold wrote:
m

But baby can't be in a car seat in a snowsuit

EMEN

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 7:09 am
7 AM now makes a 'cocoon' for the car seat. It's great! It wraps around the car seat instead of putting it directly on the baby.
https://7amenfant.com/product/.....coon/

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 7:24 am
EMEN wrote:
7 AM now makes a 'cocoon' for the car seat. It's great! It wraps around the car seat instead of putting it directly on the baby.
https://7amenfant.com/product/.....coon/
that looks great. What if I want to take him out of the car seat? The doona is heavy and I can’t shlep it always.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 7:29 am
amother wrote:
bump. I just tried using the 7am in the doona and it was way too tight for him. what should I do?? I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and wasn't going to shlep the doona downstairs. I usually take him out and carry him but if I'm using a bundle me then I can't ever take him out of the car seat until he's indoors. what do people do?

For my doona I used https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H.....;th=1 plus a thick sweater and a hat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics