Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Laundry bins conundrum

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 12:04 pm
Hey ladies
So I'm in need of new laundry bins or a good system . I can't seem to get it right, I keep trying different ways to sort etc but not working.
I would appreciate if you could post links of good bins for large family size. Or what do you do? You have more than 1, 2 or 3??

precious

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 12:15 pm
I keep 3 laundry baskets (the high ones) in the bathroom, for darks, whites, and shirts. Wash them once a week, usually plus a dark load midweek when that basket fills up.
I have a couple of the low and wide type baskets for clean laundry.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 12:16 pm
amother wrote:
Hey ladies
So I'm in need of new laundry bins or a good system . I can't seem to get it right, I keep trying different ways to sort etc but not working.
I would appreciate if you could post links of good bins for large family size. Or what do you do? You have more than 1, 2 or 3??

I have this and really like it, though you need to have room for it.
I keep it in a closet, and take out a bag when I need to do a load, then put it back in.
Previously, my laundry was a constant mess. Sorting and resorting. Now it's all neat and contained, until I'm ready to do a load.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

mom!

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 12:32 pm
amother wrote:
I have this and really like it, though you need to have room for it.
I keep it in a closet, and take out a bag when I need to do a load, then put it back in.
Previously, my laundry was a constant mess. Sorting and resorting. Now it's all neat and contained, until I'm ready to do a load.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

I use this type of thing as well and LOVE it. Works really well without taking up too much room. Also, it allows me to see whats piling up and what is not. I.E. towels can wait, whites must be done.

Good luck

lfab

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 12:38 pm
I have 2 large laundry hampers in my bedroom, similar to these https://www.amazon.com/Sterili.....+lid. One is for darks and 1 is for light colored clothes.
In one of the kids bedrooms I have a double hamper like this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....sc=1. One bag is for lights and one for darks.
In the 3rd bedroom I keep a smaller plastic hamper.
When it's time to do laundry I only need to sort the small hamper in the little kids room. So if I'm doing darks I'll sort the little kid's hamper, grab the dark bag from the older kids room and put everything into the big plastic hamper for darks in my room. Then I take that 1 hamper down to the washing machine to put in a load of laundry. Linens get taken off the bed, washed, and put right back on. Towels get dumped in a basket near the washer until I'm ready to do a towel load. I almost never do an all white load so this system of just darks and lights works for us.

Raisin

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 1:08 pm
Not a perfect system but I have laundry bags like these in most bedrooms https://www.decordev.com/photo.....hZ3w=

In the bathroom and my room I have wicker baskets with lids.

Everything gets bought downstairs and sorted either as I put into the machine or into 3 stackable plastic laundry baskets.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 11:26 pm
Years ago when I had a harder time with the laundry, I had separate bins for everything.
Now I try to stay on top of it with a load or two a day (and twice a week I usually play catch up with more loads). So we have 2 hampers; 1 main hamper and 1 smaller one for cleaners shirts.
Towels get collected from the bathrooms and washed - no hampers, as they're usually damp. Delicates like shabbos dresses and pleated uniform skirts I ask the kids to put on top of the washer so that I can deal with them right away and we can (try) to avoid them getting mashed or smelly in the hamper.
But the 3 hampers we used to have were great for a couple of years there.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 9:39 pm
Laundry is still a saga in my house with KA"H 10 people to wash clothing for, but what works the best for us to make sure things get washed (we'll ignore the putting away part Wink ) is to wash by room. My room has 1 hamper; gets divided into 2 loads and both get washed about once a week. One room with 2 girls has a hamper with the same schedule. One room with 3 kids' worth gets washed probably twice a week, also 2 loads. The whites of the girls' room may end up in that load if they don't have enough. The washing by room helps to get it back near where it belongs (into sorted out baskets per kid). Then the boys downstairs have a 2 compartment hamper with whites in one, and everything else in the other. I don't know the schedule; when it's full it gets washed (either by them or my husband)...probably about once a week.

BA

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 11:56 pm
I love this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title

I do darks, lights, and whites. Delicates get draped over the side. The kids whites and lights join ours but their darks I keep a separate laundry bag hanging in the kids bathroom.

Often I don't have enough lights though so was wondering what to do about that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry