Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is walking pneumonia difficult to diagnose? DD 8 days fever
Previous  1  2

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 9:43 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
No, stomache or side pain sometimes is felt with pneumonia .
With mono, there is usually swollen glands and sore throat, runny nose-cold symptoms, etc. That's what I had when I was diagnosed with mono.

When I had mono I had nothing but constant fever and feeling very tired

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 6:55 am
How’s is she doing?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 8:09 am
amother wrote:
How’s is she doing?

Thanks for asking Smile

I didn't end up taking her to the emergency doctor because she had perked up a bit after taking nurofen, and like a previous poster said, we would have sat for hours in a room full of sick children. She was better off resting in her own bed.

I spoke to the doctor this morning and asked for blook tests and x-ray to be done. She said she wanted to see her again first so we have an appointment for later this afternoon. DH is going to take her and I have told him to insist on the extra tests

DD had a low fever this morning as she did Yesterday. She has mostly been well in the mornings (only had a fever yesterday and today) but gets weaker in the afternoon, starts complaining of headache and her temperature rises.

oneofakind

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 9:14 am
Refuah Sheleima!

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 5:29 am
DD was checked again Yesterday and this time the doctor cold hear something on her lungs so it probably is pneumonia.

She has been given a different antibiotic and is already better than Yesterday so hopefully the antibiotic will work. If she is not better Tomorrow we have to take her for the extra tests.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 6:50 am
I had something like that with my son. The only difference was that the fever was high and we weren’t given any antibiotics as the doctor felt it was viral. On day 10 the doctor ordered a chest x-ray. Day 11 was the scheduled X-ray and the fever broke that morning so we didn’t go. He had 103-104 fever for 10 days and finally woke up one day to 99.
At the end it was some sort of virus.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics