Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
The Romanoff’s

SuperWify

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 8:31 pm
I enjoyed episode 1.

2 had a crazy ending but 3 left me simply baffled.

Anyone else?

Can someone explain?

Like in episode 1 they are showing that the supposed descendants of the family were nice people but in 2&3 they are just plain mad- like the family themself perhaps?

honeymoon

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 8:58 pm
I just watched episode one and two. One was nice...

Two just left me feeling nauseated. Didn't like the direction it was going from the first minute..

Didn't watch the rest yet so no thoughts on that.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Oct 23 2018, 9:56 pm
I liked episode one, did not like 2 and 3.
I didn't think Anushka was portrayed as a nice person at all. I thought she was portrayed as imbalanced.
I'm dreading the next episodes as I'm sure each of them will have a shock ending, but I'll probably be tempted to watch.

honeymoon

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 10:28 pm
I watched episode 3 now, superwify, I'm as baffled as you are! What

SuperWify

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 6:49 pm
Hey just saw this.

Glad I’m not alone!!

Honeymoon 2 left me completely nauseated- what a crazy husband!

And allthingsblue I completely agree with you. I’m probably going to be watching the next episode too mtshb.

And I’m probably going to be just as disturbed!!

Can anyone explain the end of three? What is the point that the scriptwriter is trying to bring across in this strange series?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 7:25 pm
honeymoon wrote:
I just watched episode one and two. One was nice...

Two just left me feeling nauseated. Didn't like the direction it was going from the first minute..

Didn't watch the rest yet so no thoughts on that.

One had a sweet fairytale (if unbelievable- a half Muslim descendant for the crown??) ending, two left a pot in my stomach and three left me confused and disgusted.... who knows what 4 will bring?

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 7:28 pm
Episode 2 was scarier to me than episode 3.

The point of episode three- who knows? I read a little bit about the director, Matt Weiner (I think). He sounds like a bit of a crazy director himself. Maybe the point was that the end doesn't always justify the means.

Zehava

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 8:56 pm
I’m still creeped out by episode 3
Gonna watch 4 tonight. I was always fascinated by the Romanov history.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:00 pm
Zehava wrote:
I’m still creeped out by episode 3
Gonna watch 4 tonight. I was always fascinated by the Romanov history.

4 is live?

I’m another history nerd. The sickly heir to the throne, the sisters, the assassinations, the fake Anastasias always interested me.

Zehava

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:08 pm
SuperWify wrote:
4 is live?

I’m another history nerd. The sickly heir to the throne, the sisters, the assassinations, the fake Anastasias always interested me.

Yes it just came on tonight

honeymoon

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:20 pm
Zehava wrote:
Yes it just came on tonight

I think I'll wait for one of you to watch and post if it is worth watching.... thank you!

cookiewriter

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 10:11 pm
I am gonna continue but I don’t thunk they’re getting good reviews on news sites. It’s kinda all for the shock value/ weirdness. But anyway. Nothing else good on so why not

SuperWify

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 10:31 pm
Episode 4... stranger still...

And what’s with all those nude women in locker room? Like stark naked..

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 11:08 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Episode 4... stranger still...

And what’s with all those nude women in locker room? Like stark naked..

I hate the nudity. So unnecessary.

Episode 4 was more like episode 1 it's weirdness. I like it but wish I understood the ending. Man, this whole series is odd!

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 11:03 pm
Loved this episode (5). Similar to episode 1 in that there is sort of a happy resolution.
VERY odd that the main character was named Professor Ford and the theme was false accusations... reminds me of Dr blade You afford and Kavanaugh. Is it coincidence? Or was this episode shot/edited after the whole fiasco?

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 11:09 pm
shock

So strange. So strange. From sweet to scary to bizarre- these 8 episodes were so strange. I will not be watching season 2 (if there is one).

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 5:49 am
I really enjoyed some of these - haven't quite finished. I think just look on them as stand alone movies...there is no continuity except that some of the characters believe themselves to be Romanovs or are writing/creating a book or tv series about them.

Loved Episode one - reminded me very much of a movie called My old Lady starring Maggie Smith. Very similar in many ways storyline. But this was better. I like how the old lady starts off being a racist and then leaves her apartment to her muslim carer. Shows how racism may just be lack of exposure to other races and cultures. Also, hijabs are so not flattering.

Episode 2 was ok. Loved the ending where she smiles, realising she free of this jerk.

Episode 3 was creepy and sad and horrible. And plain weird. I think they were needed a famous actor, but realised she wasn't a very good actor so set up the scene with the shooting without telling her it was staged. With of course disastrous results.

Episode 4. Was just depressing and sad but I guess ended happily for all involved.

Episode 5 - Interesting. I feel like any of us can find ourselves in that situation. How would we react?

Ep 6 - skipped - the beginning didn't pull me in.

Ep 7. Halfway through. Sad and depressing so far.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 8:15 am
Episode 7 has a great ending Exploding anger Exploding anger

I won’t spoil it for you...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics