Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Getting into keto. help please?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 11:02 am
I am trying keto for general health and mood management. (Not weight loss specifically, I'm thin enough.)

I think I successfully achieved ketosis before Pesach, but Pesach (with need to eat matzah and grape juice and general hosting and cooking) threw me off. Since then I've been bouncing around, I guess I've been kind of low-carb but I'm pretty sure my body has still been burning glucose for fuel and so I haven't really achieved my goal of even moods and avoiding the "low-blood sugar" crashes.

Trying again now to be really careful with it (not even Mary's Gone Crackers, onions, etc.) but dealing with headaches, dizziness, etc.

I see online people use supplements to help ease the transition and get into keto state. Anyone know if any of these are kosher? will they help?

Any other advice? It's very easy for me to just not eat and I love the idea of not needing to constantly be eating but headaches/dizziness is not great. I am not getting things done, I'm just in constant low blood sugar state right now!

Thank you, anyone who can advise! Andrea Levy I hope you will answer, but also anyone else with help or advice!

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 1:13 pm
If you are always low blood sugar than you do need the carbs & eat often so your sugars don't drop so low

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 1:15 pm
If you are thin why would you want to lose weight? You can go into a dangerous underweight

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 1:22 pm
Make sure your doctor knows & agrees...because it can be dangerous

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:40 pm
dankbar wrote:
If you are thin why would you want to lose weight? You can go into a dangerous underweight

I said I DON'T want to lose weight. Maybe another 5 lb. but not more. But there are other benefits to a keto diet.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:43 pm
dankbar wrote:
If you are always low blood sugar than you do need the carbs & eat often so your sugars don't drop so low

BTDT. I was eating all day (never leaving the house even for a short errand without bringing along a snack) and never feeling good. The advice to eat often was not working for me. I'd like to try something new.

Simple1

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 9:45 pm
What does your doctor say? I feel like dankbar- if you are a good weight, it's probably healthiest to stick to a balanced diet.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 11:06 pm
dankbar wrote:

Actually when you stop eating carbs, your sugar stabilizes and you don’t have blood sugar swings. The answer is SALT.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 11:06 pm
dankbar wrote:
Make sure your doctor knows & agrees...because it can be dangerous

WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 11:13 pm
Your weight is irrelevant. It’s how you feel. There are a lot of people eating low carb at goal weight and staying there. You don’t automatically lose weight in ketosis, your caloric intake is relevant.

However, if you don’t cheat, you will go into ketosis and then feel awesome. I’m fifty and feel better than I have my whole life. Energy, mostly painless, no inflammation. Never mind the weight loss. I’ve lost about 85 but I still have a hundred to go, but I feel amazing, even with that much extra weight on me.

My doctors are thrilled, my registered dietician is thrilled. I reversed my diabetes.

Go all in. Do it for a couple of months and see what it really feels like. Then, after that decide if you want/can cheat. See how different goods make you feel. You’ll know then what you can and cannot eat safely.

If you buy the ketones, you will just have expensive pee. Or should I say urine?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 11:15 pm
Also you are not inlow blood sugar state unless you are eating carbs. Basic body chemistry- insulinlowrrs blood sugar. The less you eat that needs insulin, the more stable your sugars.

You need salt. 1/4 tsp at a time with plenty of water till you feel better. For real.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Oct 25 2018, 11:17 pm
You are welcome to pm me. Ketosis is awesome

Shuly

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 5:58 am
Drinking pickle juice also helps with Keto flu

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 12:17 pm
Shuly wrote:
Drinking pickle juice also helps with Keto flu

Definitely because salt
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise