Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Storing roasted chickpeas

esther11

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 10:48 am
What’s the best way to store oven roasted chickpeas? Fridge? Counter? How long do they generally last?

Thanks!

pause

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 11:01 am
They don't store well. They should better be eaten fresh. But if you must, they need an airtight container. I would leave on the counter just for overnight but after that refrigerate. Honestly though, they are so delicious that we never have leftovers...!

esther11

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 11:26 am
Hmmm...well just out of the oven I ate a bunch and they are delicious! But my thought process was really to have a healthy snack on hand over the next few days.

penguin

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 2:19 pm
Please describe how you made them. One Friday afternoon I just threw on some oil & spices. But probably left them in too long, they came out very hard.

Tirza

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 2:40 pm
I make a big batch on Sundays and store them for the week in a tupperware with a lid. They stay fresh, Let them cool to room temperature before putting them into the plastic tupperware. Store in the refrigerator. You can warm them up before using by toasting them in a hot pan for a few seconds or in the oven for about a minute.

esther11

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 3:21 pm
penguin wrote:
Please describe how you made them. One Friday afternoon I just threw on some oil & spices. But probably left them in too long, they came out very hard.

I did the same thing, sounds like you overcooked them. I used canned green beans, Pam spray, and assorted spices (salt, pepper, onion, garlic, paprika, chili powder). Roasted at 400, stirred after abt 30 min and then tasted every 10-15 min until desired texture was reached.

esther11

Post Fri, Oct 26 2018, 3:22 pm
Tirza wrote:
I make a big batch on Sundays and store them for the week in a tupperware with a lid. They stay fresh, Let them cool to room temperature before putting them into the plastic tupperware. Store in the refrigerator. You can warm them up before using by toasting them in a hot pan for a few seconds or in the oven for about a minute.

Perfect sounds good. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics