Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Need an SLP for my 3 year old, district not helping

pippy93

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 3:19 pm
My dd is three and she was approved for ST by the district in September. But services haven't started!! One agency took the case thinking they can get an SLP. the SLP didn't want it-- but it took them 3 weeks to tell me. I called them twice a week to find out information, but I was always told, "We'll call you back." finally when I was called back the Duirector of the agency asked if I can find out if other kids in my daughters day care get ST in CPSE and if I can find out because a therapist wants multiple cases at a location, not just one. I told her to give the case back tot he district so another agency can pick it up because I wasn't going to call around to all the mothers in the playgroup and ask-- and she should have given the case back to the district after a few days of not finding a therapist!
the district admin contacted two other agencies who were not able to take the case. then this morning the admin asked me to make some calls to find an agency that services children in my area-- Kew Gardens Hills, Queens and to try to find a therapist because she isn't having luck, but she'll continue to "try." in one day I called two agencies that said that they didn't have any SLP's for my daughter where she is in day care, but if I take her out of that day care and put her in another where they have an SLP, they'll take the case. My daughter and I looooove the daycare and the morahs there. this can't be the answer.
So I turn to you mothers--- do any of you know of an agency for CPSE that services children in Kew Gardens Hills that I can call about my daughters case? My daughter is always singing and laughing and talking-- but I only understand half of what she says! I've been dealing witht his since September, can anyone help!!!!!
thank you in advance.

mha3484

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 3:23 pm
Do you have to go through the school district? Where I live most people go through their health insurance companies not the public schools.

octopus

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 3:25 pm
get an rsa. call the doe and tell them you need one, this allows you to get independent provider not through agency and get paid directly through doe. an independent provider may pick up case because agency not taking a cut.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers