Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Long Island neighborhoods

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 12:59 pm
Dh and I live in tri-state area and are interested in considering moving to Long Island. We are in our mid forties, with a children of a range of ages. We are MO, I suppose, if that means that we are shomer mitzvot and zionistic, I do cover my hair, but am not looking for a neighborhood that is identical in that way, a range of styles and approaches would suit me just fine.

We'd probably have the means to buy a home, in that we'd be selling our current home, but are by no means well-to do, can't afford vacations or new cars or fancy wardrobes.

Are there any specific neighborhoods in Long Island that anyone could recommend we start with, based on this short and fairly superficial description I have provided? Wink embarrassed

doctorima

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 1:20 pm
I'd start your search with West Hempstead - a nice established, non-judgmental community with a nice diversity of Jews across the spectrum, most of whom match your description of yourselves.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 1:35 pm
West Hempstead
East Meadow
Plainview
Roslyn
Best of luck!

Tirza

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 2:11 pm
I agree that you should check out West Hempstead. Woodmere and Hewlett are also good options. They have plenty of MO families, and lots of local schools to choose from.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 2:53 pm
Thank you for the responses! Can I also ask regarding the socioeconomic aspect? Like I mentioned, we are not well to do and I would not want my children to feel completely out of their element in this regard.... are there specific neighborhoods that are more middle of the road economically? Again, not looking for complete uniformity, just a healthy mixture of reality so to speak....

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Oct 28 2018, 3:02 pm
amother wrote:
West Hempstead
East Meadow
Plainview
Roslyn
Best of luck!

Roslyn is very pricey

nylon

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:44 pm
I'd look at West Hempstead or perhaps Plainview before the Five Towns. Less social pressure.

I would not recommend Roslyn at all if you don't like to feel the need to keep up with the Cohens.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 4:50 pm
Oceanside
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating