Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What questions to ask if we're looking to move

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 3:52 pm
We're looking into moving from Israel to a small, out-of-town community in the US with 5 kids. I know there is a kollel, small day school, yeshiva, and girls high school there.

The problem is I can't think of what details to ask to make sure it would be a good fit for us. What do I need to know before making a decision? This is aside from the obvious things we need to work out - like the fact that my 9 and 6 year old DS's are in all boys classes of about 30 boys each and would go to much smaller classes that are mixed until 5th grade.

I'm blanking and really stuck!! What should I look into?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 4:40 pm
amother wrote:
We're looking into moving from Israel to a small, out-of-town community in the US with 5 kids. I know there is a kollel, small day school, yeshiva, and girls high school there.

The problem is I can't think of what details to ask to make sure it would be a good fit for us. What do I need to know before making a decision? This is aside from the obvious things we need to work out - like the fact that my 9 and 6 year old DS's are in all boys classes of about 30 boys each and would go to much smaller classes that are mixed until 5th grade.

I'm blanking and really stuck!! What should I look into?

What do the kids this community do for fun?
Do most of the women work outside of the home?
What kind of chessed work is set-up here?
What do most kids do over the summer?
Eruv?
Safety?
Do families 'do meals' together?
How segregated are women and men in social situations?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 5:55 pm
What type of families are living there? What percentage of children in your kids' school have TVs (assuming you are steering clear of that)? Will you be makpid on any special kashrus restrictions -- and will you have access to keep that hakpada? How easy is it to find housing there? Jobs?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating