Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dd is worried first time going to camp waxing upper lip
Previous  1  2

sequoia

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:30 pm
Ruchel wrote:
People old enough to wax don't go to camp in my world lol

Same here

When I was in camp I was thinking about swimming, canoeing, kayaking, and arts and crafts, not about how I looked.

What does it matter if it’s all girls anyway?

mandr

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:31 pm
amother wrote:
I think Lazer is only good for very light skin. Dd is a little darker skin. She wants also to take off hair from her upper legs. She shaves her lower legs. Is electrolysis is ok for upper legs. I think it is too big area.

Sure why not? I did my upper leg and was very happy with it. I did lower legs too. At a certain point it was too time consuming to shave such a large area so laser was my solution.

mandr

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:32 pm
sequoia wrote:
Same here

When I was in camp I was thinking about swimming, canoeing, kayaking, and arts and crafts, not about how I looked.

What does it matter if it’s all girls anyway?

If a girl at age 14 does not care about how she looks then I would think that’s a much bigger problem than excess hair. Girls want to look good! And should look good. It makes them feel better.

sequoia

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:36 pm
mandr wrote:
If a girl at age 14 does not care about how she looks then I would think that’s a much bigger problem than excess hair. Girls want to look good! And should look good. It makes them feel better.

Ok... but there’s the opera and there’s camping. We look differently in different circumstances.

Especially a teenager who I hope is going to camp to have a great summer with fresh air and exercise, not to worry about modern beauty standards.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:39 pm
amother wrote:
How do the girls wax? I just started taking dd to a Beauty salon for waxing upper lip. Now she is asking me how will she do it in camp.

If she waxes once a month, then she'll wax before and after.
If she waxes every 2 weeks, you can take her on visiting day.
Jolen bleach in between (if at all necessary).

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:50 pm
sequoia wrote:
Ok... but there’s the opera and there’s camping. We look differently in different circumstances.

Especially a teenager who I hope is going to camp to have a great summer with fresh air and exercise, not to worry about modern beauty standards.

Idk what you are referring to. But Teenage girls don’t like to walk around with a mustache.

Raisin

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 2:56 pm
I just got one of these for my upper lip. Seems to work well. (although my hair there is barely visible)

https://www.amazon.com/Tweezer.....VOFB2

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 3:05 pm
sequoia wrote:

It would be lovely if it worked that way. But it doesn't. Teenage girls will still be worried about how their hair looks and if their legs are stubbly or a million other things.

Which, in the end, is really why OP's daughter shouldn't worry. Because the girls will ALL be waxing and tweezing and shaving and epilating and whatever else. She and her bestie will help each other out.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 9:54 pm
What is the best way to deal with unwanted hair in upper lip and legs for teens. Waxing shaving electrolysis or Lazer ?

mandr

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:15 am
amother wrote:
What is the best way to deal with unwanted hair in upper lip and legs for teens. Waxing shaving electrolysis or Lazer ?

For legs laser is amazing but it’s costly and not for every type of skin/hair combo. You would need to ask.

Upper lips, electrolysis is the way to go. It’s painful but works best. Otherwise waxing is second best but you need to do it forever lol.

irrationalrose

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 2:00 pm
Epilator!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics