Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
What does it mean to be 'mekabel yesurin b'ahava'?

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 4:21 pm
I've been dealing with a chronic condition for years and have ups and downs both physically and emotionally. It seems like I'm always getting the unusual side effects or end up in the tiny percentage of people with this condition who suffer from more severe or rare related issues and it hits me so hard each time I learn of something new that's caused by the disease. I know everything comes from Hashem, that's without a doubt. But the idea of accepting this challenge with love...what does this mean? Enjoying it? Appreciating it? Recognizing that Hashem loves me and is doing this for my ultimate good? I'd love to hear your thoughts and recommendations for any good shiurim on the topic. My condition isn't life threatening, Baruch Hashem but it does effect my quality of life as well as have some scary implications for the future. TIA to all who reply.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 4:28 pm
Kappara maybe... or that something good will come out of it.
Refua shlema in any case

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 5:11 pm
Suffering and loving G-d anyway.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 5:14 pm
I'm with you on this. I accept and then I get whacked again and I have to try to accept all over. and over. It's not a one time thing.
I like to listen to Chevy Garfinkel on Torah Anytime. She is inspirational and very funny.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational