Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Share your "go to" recipes for no fuss dinners (no milchigs)

abaker

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 4:08 pm
Please share your go to dinner recipes that involve a little bit of prep time for us busy families. They can be sheet pan, instant pot, crock pot, or one pot wonders. Thank you.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 4:11 pm
Sheet pan chicken stir fry (overtime cook on kosher.com)

Oven baked pepper steak

I'll try to think of more later.

mha3484

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 4:16 pm
One pot pasta or gnocchi and meat sauce. Can do this in the crockpot, instant pot or actual pot. I find that if I add some frozen spinach my kids dont notice that its there. The red sauce hides it well.

Sheet pan Fajitas from Budget Bytes

If you will eat pareve, I love making eggplant boats with chumus, tehina, salad. roasted chickpeas or falafel balls. I got the idea from Busy in Brooklyn.

In the instant pot or crock pot, shredded bbq chicken (serve on buns) with salad or some sort of slaw.

Chicken Lo Mein in the instant pot or crock pot.

Ground beef or shredded chicken tacos

Korean ground beef with zoodles is always a hit. I buy the zoodles pre made.

Last edited by mha3484 on Mon, Oct 29 2018, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 4:28 pm
Vegetable quinoa , stir fry + rice, mash potatoes & quiches , soups, pasta w homemade vegetable sauce.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 4:57 pm
mha3484 wrote:
One pot pasta or gnocchi and meat sauce. Can do this in the crockpot, instant pot or actual pot. I find that if I add some frozen spinach my kids dont notice that its there. The red sauce hides it well.

SNIP

Do you boil the gnocchi before you prepare the sauce?

mha3484

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 5:02 pm
Nope but I only use the shelf stable kind. I have never tried it with frozen. I stopped boiling it years ago. I figured if it only needs 3 min to cook what was the point of boiling the water and dirtying a pot (I really am lazy lol) so I experimented. Its delish sauteed with lots of butter also really yummy baked on a sheet pan with sausage and peppers.

https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-5745

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 5:05 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Nope but I only use the shelf stable kind. I have never tried it with frozen. I stopped boiling it years ago. I figured if it only needs 3 min to cook what was the point of boiling the water and dirtying a pot (I really am lazy lol) so I experimented. Its delish sauteed with lots of butter also really yummy baked on a sheet pan with sausage and peppers.

I've browned it in butter without boiling but it had a "taste" (shelf stable- maybe by Bartenura).
Sausage and peppers sounds delish. No sauce? What's your method?

mha3484

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 5:06 pm
I use this but change the veggies based on what I have to use up. https://www.thekitchn.com/reci.....47360

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 5:10 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I use this but change the veggies based on what I have to use up. https://www.thekitchn.com/reci.....47360

Yum- thank you!

MiriFr

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 5:30 pm
1 pot chicken, rice, and broccoli!
U sautee 3 garlic cubes with 1 1/2 lbs chicken, covered for 2 minutes. Add 4 T dou add sauce and 6 T honey, and then salt,pepper, and chili flakes. Continue cooking covered for 3 min. Add 1C rice and 1 3/4 C water. Boil, then let simmer covered for 10 min. Add some frozen broccoli, cook covered again for 10 min.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Oct 29 2018, 5:31 pm
Chicken legs with any sauce poured on and thrown in the oven.
cut up cutlets into cubes, pour on sauce and stick in the oven. serve with rice
pasta and meatsauce
tacos

zaq

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 8:19 pm
Cook pasta. Drain. Dump in half a jar to a jar of salsa and a can or two of tuna. Substitute cut-up leftover schnitzel if you like fleishik.

mom!

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 8:26 pm
I like to make a huge pot of meatballs and freeze. This way I have a go-to supper on hand for when I need. (On a good day) I'll defrost the night before, but I have also put it into the oven while frozen on 300. Bake for as long as you think, 1-3 hours depending if/how frozen it is. Quickly boil a form of pasta. Done!

mommybrr

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 8:47 pm
rice, chicken, mushrooms and water in pan with onion soup mix bake 350 or 1 1/2 hrs. I prep pans and freeze and put in oven in the before I go to work on time bake

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 9:36 pm
Salmon with teriyaki sauce or spices, Broccoli, tater tots. All on 400. I put the broccoli and tater tots in first and the fish in the last 20 min.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 9:47 pm
Shake n Bake chicken
Baked sweet potato (put in the oven at the same time)
Canned corn
Salad

Not the healthiest, but not too bad

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 9:58 pm
One Pot Chicken Dinner- Circle slice 3 onions sautée in a large pot, add chicken bottoms skin side down for twenty minutes , turn over chicken for another twenty minutes.
Meanwhile slice:
Two carrots, two zuchinni and four to five potatoes thinly.
Remove semi cooked chicken from put. Put aside.
Add a layer of sliced potatoes , then the carrots, then the squash. Sprinkle with paprika, onion powder , garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
Add the chicken back to the pot on top of the veggies, skin side up. Season the chicken with the same spices as you did the veggies. Add a very small amount of water just so the onions and vegetables don't burn . Cover and simmer 1 and a half hours.

Grilled Chicken salad , or grilled chicken stuffed in a pita with vegetables

Tiryaki chicken cutlets ,rice and brocolli ( in separate pans) baked in the oven

Beef Stew in a crockpot

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:27 pm
Grilled nonstuffed capons.
My latest craze. Kids can eat it easily too. No "jelly" and no bones.

Electric grill, preheat. pop it in as is. (Make sure no hairs. Eww) ready 23-27 minutes. Depends how you like it.

Sides, brown rice pasta and tomatoes sauce, ready in freezer crumbs to make mock shlishkes. It's basically pasta then you mix in the browned and sweetened bread crumbs. Serve. Quick stir fry.

For veggies, cut up some veggies. (For my family the only veggies they eat is soup. So I make large batches once or twice a week different kinds and freeze and alternate.) So for my family it's soup...

All done!

Yesterday I made a cream of chicken soup (mostly onion and squash) and I just added an extra slice of chicken cutlet cut it up in pcs and my kids had a one plate supper.
It was easy to serve but takes a lot of time suateing and a few steps.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:57 pm
Pepper steak:

Salt n black pepper on the steak, slice onions and red peppers on top, pour sauce of 1 cup duck sauce, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 4 cloves minced garlic, and bake covered in the oven for two hours on 350.

Serve over rice.

Love anything that gets popped into the oven, freeing me up within minutes and still deluding hubby into thinking I potchked all afternoon Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

racheli:)

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 11:06 pm
Gulash:)
I fry two onions, add beef, chicken consommé, potatoes and lots of red paprika powder and cover with hot boiled water. Let it cook on low flame for as long as possible (2-3h) until the meat becomes super soft. You can also make it in the crock pot.

Cabbage
Same idea like gulash, just add cabbage (the one that’s shredded im a jar) and tomato paste.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen