Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Can a bubby drive a 17 foot Uhaul pulling a car on a hitch?
Previous  1  2

doctorima

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 4:53 am
I agree that it doesn't sound like the best idea and wouldn't be something I'd be comfortable with, with no prior experience. That said, if I-80 is your concern, it's not so much extra driving to go through Canada to the NY Thruway, which is much wider and flatter and could also get you to Monsey with much less stressful driving (assuming the rental is allowed to cross the border).

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 6:33 am
doctorima wrote:
I agree that it doesn't sound like the best idea and wouldn't be something I'd be comfortable with, with no prior experience. That said, if I-80 is your concern, it's not so much extra driving to go through Canada to the NY Thruway, which is much wider and flatter and could also get you to Monsey with much less stressful driving (assuming the rental is allowed to cross the border).

Can you imagine how much time going through the U Haul at the border will take?
Also some stretches in Canada are pretty hairy too.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 6:33 am
doctorima wrote:

I don't know what entering Canada with 17 feet of cargo would entail. The customs officials want to check everything.

shanie5

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 7:58 pm
My mom drove an RV for 4 years. Thats more than 20 feet,plus the car they towed. So YEAH, a Bubby can drive a 17 foot truck. The question is-can you? Do you want to? It doesn't sound like you do.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 8:15 pm
shanie5 wrote:
My mom drove an RV for 4 years. Thats more than 20 feet,plus the car they towed. So YEAH, a Bubby can drive a 17 foot truck. The question is-can you? Do you want to? It doesn't sound like you do.

#1) I'm scared

#2) Zeidy won't let
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating