Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Ant Infestation!

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 7:51 pm
so as part of the 'do you cope' thread...no, I'm not coping Crying

so last night I did not have time to do the dishes or wipe down the counters. so I left everything for tonight. I came home from work today to find my counters, pot, dishes COVERED in ants!!!

and I run a pretty clean household...

this happened once before when I left the dishes and since then I made sure to clean up every night no matter what. but it was getting too much so last night I just left it.

it took ages to clean it up. they were literally crawling down my counters and inside my shelves!!!! ANy ideas how to prevent this form happening again if I don't have the time or energy to wash the kitchen one night??!!

lattemom

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 8:01 pm
That once happened when I forgot to sweep after dinner one night and I came down the next morning to an ant colony on my dining room floor. I literally saw an ant carrying a piece of pizza on its back. I had an exterminator come that day.

After that, I once had a problem in my bathroom and I put peppermint oil all over and they never came back.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:20 pm
Put out a cup or small bowl with a layer of ground cloves.

fig

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 11:20 pm
Raid ant traps. Takes 2-3 days to work. But gets rid of problem at the source

srbmom

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 11:28 pm
Terro ant baits
https://www.amazon.com/TERRO-T.....JBKMQ

Set one out and you will have literally tens of ants coming to it in minutes. They'll be gone by the next day

baker1

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 11:35 pm
I second the terro ant traps!
they are unreal
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry