Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Doll pinned to tree with knife / forehead found nr Lakewood

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 7:18 pm
Yeah, sure it was wearing a skirt similar to that worn by girls in the nearby school. And sure it had a knife in its head. But nothing to see here. No terror or hate message.

https://www.jta.org/2018/10/30.....uffer

animeme

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 7:38 pm
Oh my...

Hashem yeracheim.

zaq

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 7:41 pm
O.M.G.

Not a message of hate? What is it then? An ad for a doll hospital?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 7:43 pm
I know it sounds far fetched, but could it be a Holloween prank "trick" gone too far?

SuperWify

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 7:49 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I know it sounds far fetched, but could it be a Holloween prank "trick" gone too far?

According the the Lakewood Scoop officials wrote it off as a Halloween joke.

I’m a bit more concerned if you ask me.

cbsp

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 9:05 pm
SuperWify wrote:
According the the Lakewood Scoop officials wrote it off as a Halloween joke.

I’m a bit more concerned if you ask me.

This was my comment on the Scoop:

The doll looks like a Madeline doll which can be a pricy collectible type doll – or $20-$40 (or cheaper if it’s a knockoff).

It doesn’t look like the dress came with the doll (the fit looks wrong) although similar enough in style to a Madeline outfit, which is not a BY uniform…

Being that it’s around Halloween time it’s easy to chalk it up to a prank, but given the current climate it would be reassuring if that premise were verified…

by CBS on 2018-10-30 at 11:58 am

Seas

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:21 pm
It looks like a classic Halowen scare. Silly to read anything more sinister into it.

NovelConcept

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:30 pm
Seas wrote:
It looks like a classic Halowen scare. Silly to read anything more sinister into it.

Totally. Because people just love the Jews 'round those parts.

Rolling Eyes

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:33 pm
Seas wrote:

Being that it looks very similar to a local school uniform it feels very sinister to me. I'm hoping that the police are just trying not to scare people, but that they are actually taking it very seriously.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:35 pm
If it was a burqa ot would be a hate crime

NovelConcept

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:41 pm
Forgive me for speculating -- and yes, I am fully aware that my speculation means very little -- but I was just overwhelmed today at the amount of tragedies klal Yisroel has had in the last week or so. A near-deadly crash of teenage girls; an LA man murdered; a family burned to death in a car fire in EY -- and perhaps more that I haven't been made aware of. (I pray not!) Now this disturbing incident.
And I can't help but notice that this all falling during the same time span in which we have an outbreak.
Shoving all concerns of pro- or anti-vaccinations aside, I feel that there has clearly been an awful lot of animosity simmering in the community, almost to the point of true hatred. I see that coming from both sides.
Upset is okay; no one would say otherwise. But the depths of this divide are shocking, in many instances.
I can't help but think that Hashem just wants us to all play nicely together, for aren't we all his children? One thing we all unite over is the feeling of anguish when a Yid is lost.

Let's try to work on our achdus, even without tragedy or scares!

Disclaimer: I am NOT implying that Hashem sent these tragedies to open our eyes; I am too small to shoulder such a message. I am just making an observation and a musing; do with it what you will.

tf

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 10:50 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

Maybe, but it shows what's up their sleeves and in their mminds.
👹👹👹

SuperWify

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 11:07 pm
cbsp wrote:
This was my comment on the Scoop:

The doll looks like a Madeline doll which can be a pricy collectible type doll – or $20-$40 (or cheaper if it’s a knockoff).

It doesn’t look like the dress came with the doll (the fit looks wrong) although similar enough in style to a Madeline outfit, which is not a BY uniform…

Being that it’s around Halloween time it’s easy to chalk it up to a prank, but given the current climate it would be reassuring if that premise were verified…

by CBS on 2018-10-30 at 11:58 am

Clever. You have the same screen name by both. (*Runs to read all comments by CBS on Lakewood Scoop.** just kidding.)

And I absolutely positively could not agree with you more!

Seas

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 11:36 pm
NovelConcept wrote:
Forgive me for speculating -- and yes, I am fully aware that my speculation means very little -- but I was just overwhelmed today at the amount of tragedies klal Yisroel has had in the last week or so. A near-deadly crash of teenage girls; an LA man murdered; a family burned to death in a car fire in EY -- and perhaps more that I haven't been made aware of. (I pray not!) Now this disturbing incident.
And I can't help but notice that this all falling during the same time span in which we have an outbreak.
Shoving all concerns of pro- or anti-vaccinations aside, I feel that there has clearly been an awful lot of animosity simmering in the community, almost to the point of true hatred. I see that coming from both sides.
Upset is okay; no one would say otherwise. But the depths of this divide are shocking, in many instances.
I can't help but think that Hashem just wants us to all play nicely together, for aren't we all his children? One thing we all unite over is the feeling of anguish when a Yid is lost.

Let's try to work on our achdus, even without tragedy or scares!

Disclaimer: I am NOT implying that Hashem sent these tragedies to open our eyes; I am too small to shoulder such a message. I am just making an observation and a musing; do with it what you will.

Leave the 'us'. What are you specifically going to do in your own life? And I mean in a way that you're actually demanding something of yourself, not in a general 'world peace' way of "let's love all Jews".

NovelConcept

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 11:45 pm
Seas wrote:
Leave the 'us'. What are you specifically going to do in your own life? And I mean in a way that you're actually demanding something of yourself, not in a general 'world peace' way of "let's love all Jews".

Seas, you're one hundred percent right. I asked that same question of myself a while ago, and took upon myself to find at least one way to go out of my way to do something that will increase achdus tomorrow. What that will be, I have yet to determine.

It would be nice of you to drop the defensive stance, btw. If I were seeking to preach, I'd have done it under anon-a-mom. But I posted under my screen name, because it was just an observation, one which I'm going to try to personally do something about, and others can use as a catalyst to go beyond their comfort zones and do something nice, or just ignore. No skin off my back, either way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics