Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Microwave Toaster oven in one machine recommendations?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 6:41 pm
Do these combo microwave toaster ovens work well? Which do you recommend that fits a 9 x 13 inch pan? Are you able to put a metal pan in it when you use oven mode, or does it have to be microwave safe?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 7:28 pm
amother wrote:
Do these combo microwave toaster ovens work well? Which do you recommend that fits a 9 x 13 inch pan? Are you able to put a metal pan in it when you use oven mode, or does it have to be microwave safe?

I have a convection oven microwave. The microwave works like any other microwave but you need to remove the metal oven racks first. The convection oven works like a convection oven - good enough, but not even baking like for a cake. I like to use it for pizza (not raw dough), baked ziti and the like.
Also when it's in microwave mode, you absolutely need to remember not to use foil or metal pans because it's a real microwave and the dangers are the same - even if you can use metal when it's in convection mode.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Oct 30 2018, 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 7:44 pm
I have a top of the line Bertazzoni combo in my milchag kitchen. It doesn't work well. The microwave is great but the convection is off. I love to make beautiful michags, and it is not happening. I don't like the way pizza comes out even with a pizza stone.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 7:52 pm
Thanks, so it sounds like it's better not to get a combo appliance. I don't have room for both.

MrsEsther

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 8:16 pm
I don't recommend the combo because the convection doesn't work like an oven . It's Better to save your money and Get a microwave only

sky

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 7:18 am
I have a combo convection microwave over the oven.
It’s not perfect but I love it. I do ALL my baking in there. Cake, cookies, challah. It’s pareve. It’s not perfect but it does the job well enough. It can fit 2 9x13 or a cookie sheet.
I used to have a fridgeair and now have a GE which I think is better. They are expensive and my first one didn’t last to long which I’m hearing can happen.

It is a pain removing the metal trays to use as a microwave.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen