Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Thinking of working as a personal driver - your thoughts?
Previous  1  2  3

Ma3

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 5:40 pm
There's the Wellness Magazine. Also, I'm sure car can be washed with safe stuff, just like at home, There's shaklee and arbonne products, just to name two.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 6:06 pm
Ma3 wrote:
There's the Wellness Magazine. .

Where can I pick up this magazine?

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 8:07 pm
I'm 63 and a very good driver (out of town) but I won't drive in NY..too much hassle. I was there last week and I have 2 female, frum drivers I use. My dd20 also gets regular rides from them at night as she lives in Brooklyn. These ladies are always very busy and there is no guarantee they will be free. I think you could make a nice parnassa doing this. If you decide, please make a post here and announce it (that's how I found one, the other was a referral from my rebbetzin). Hatzlacha

Sebastian

Post Tue, Oct 30 2018, 8:43 pm
amother wrote:

It s put out by maxihealth.

Ma3

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 2:49 am
amother wrote:

It's usually in the local health food stores on the side. It's a free magazine. Sometimes they can insert it as an extra yom Tov bonus in a weekly magazine, like Ami.

But I'd also advertise in local free circulars, because that gives you access to more people. Not everyone is aware of Wellness magazine.

bestme

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 5:32 am
The wellness magazine in sometimes in the health food store and I even once saw it in a pharmacy. It is not always out. I think it comes out once a month or once in 2 months. You really have to look out for it to find it. Maxi health publishes it.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 8:34 am
Maybe you should lease a car rather than buy? That way you have monthly payments that should be covered by your work without a long term commitment (2yr lease?) should it not work out. Plus a new car will be more professional and appealing to customers.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 9:38 am
I know someone who saved up money to buy her house with doing this. This was many years ago. But the prices today are higher as well so it probably is still a good income.
OP, there are some cars, I think in Manhattan with the yellow cabs, they come with a plastic divider between the driver and the passengers and a little open/close window for the money. Maybe this type of a car would be good for your allergies and you won't have to wear that mask. They probably sell them at auctions or something like that. Good luck!

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 10:57 am
ShishKabob wrote:
I know someone who saved up money to buy her house with doing this. This was many years ago. But the prices today are higher as well so it probably is still a good income.
OP, there are some cars, I think in Manhattan with the yellow cabs, they come with a plastic divider between the driver and the passengers and a little open/close window for the money. Maybe this type of a car would be good for your allergies and you won't have to wear that mask. They probably sell them at auctions or something like that. Good luck!

This is a wonderful idea, to get a partition between the front and back seats! Thanks!

As for saving up money to buy a house, I'm guessing she worked many hours a day, or/and that she didn't rely on this money to pay for food and basic living expenses. Is my guess far off?

I intend for this to be a (very) part-time work for me as my time is taken up by other matters of priority.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 10:59 am
amother wrote:
Maybe you should lease a car rather than buy? That way you have monthly payments that should be covered by your work without a long term commitment (2yr lease?) should it not work out. Plus a new car will be more professional and appealing to customers.

Sound advice, though I seem to think leases are expensive. Are they not?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics