Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
SAHMs how do you manage

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 3:56 pm
I have my toddler (age 2.5) home with me all day and am pregnant. My 4 year old is home from 2 pm on, and my oldest, age 7, is home from 4 on. I drive carpool three mornings and three afternoons. I have therapy for myself and for one son once a week. Other than that, it is hour after hour after hour of childcare, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, fight refereeing, cuddles, baths, activities, trips. One thing I do hat keeps my sanity is that after I put the kids to bed (almost) every night is I do absolutely nothing until I go to bed. But how do you SAHMs manage. I find the hardest part of the day is the AM, from 9ish-2ish. My toddler no longer naps. Then at 2 and 4, when the other two first come in, thats another crazy time because they are both starving and tired. And then 6-7, the hour before bed is hard too, but my husband helps when he gets home. My first break bof the day is at 7:30 pm. It's so hard...and its also wonderful. And I don't want to send my toddler to school yet, I love him. I want to give him this gift of a present mommy a long as I can. I believe it will have lifelong benefits. On good days I play with him, read him books, cook with him, and run errends with him. On bad days, I waste time on the computer or read a book for myself, and tell him to play by himself. And I bashfully admit that sometimes I watch tv and he sits next to me, which I feel horrible about because the tv isn't geared for 2 year olds. Uch. I wish I was more supermom than I was. I am just a normal mommy wanting to do the best thing possible for my kids. Am I enough?

ectomorph

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 3:59 pm
You're doing great!!

jewishmom6

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:13 pm
kudos to you! I would never be able to be a SAHM. I am totally not cut out for it. You sound like an awesome mommy!

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:43 pm
I didn't manage and went back to working full time LOL You're doing fine Very Happy

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Oct 31 2018, 4:53 pm
jewishmom6 wrote:
kudos to you! I would never be able to be a SAHM. I am totally not cut out for it. You sound like an awesome mommy!

I agree. I give you tons of credit and all SAHMs credit . I am currently a SAHM with just a newborn at home. Everyone else is out the door by 8 am and home earliest by 5 pm and I do not enjoy it one little bit. I find it a lot more difficult than going out of the house every day to work in a stressful office with deadlines. So pat yourself on your back. You are doing a ton and being the best mommy you could be. I wish I found satisfaction in it. I know it's beneficial to my baby (I've done it with other kids ) , but I don't find it gratifying and I just find it super HARD. This is a shout out to all those SAHMs out there ... you deserve an award.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics