Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Please can you help me save my silver tip roast?

rising hero

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 5:38 pm
I made the following recipe and it came out tough and chewy. I didnt go for the taste either. What can I add or do to fix it?

Ingredients

1 5lb Silvertip roast

1/2 of a 750 ml bottle of dry red wine ( I used Tera di Seta Chianti Classico)

6 large cloves of garlic, minced fine

1 C fresh basil, chopped fine

1C fresh parsley, chopped fine

Salt and pepper

1 bag carrots, cleaned and ends removed

1 sleeve celery, cleaned and bottom removed

In a roasting pan, pour the wine over the roast, and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning over once to marinate completely.
Discard excess wine after marinating, and set roast aside. Preheat oven to 225F. Line the bottom of the roasting pan with the carrots and celery, then place the roast in the center of the pan.
Sprinkle the garlic and fresh herbs over the roast, and a bit into the roasting pan itself. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and place on top rack of oven.
Roast at 225F for four hours, then remove from oven and let rest for one hour more. Carve against the grain at the thickness desired. This preparation will give you a very moist and tender roast that has a tiny bit of pink in the middle.
If you like, you can take the carrots and celery, along with the pan drippings, and puree with a hand blender to serve alongside the roast.

Also, I left out the carrots and celery and I halved the recipe but baked it for the same amount of time as the original recipe. Did I mess it up? embarrassed I dont think I belong in the kitchen.

simcha2

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 5:49 pm
Guessing it's way overcooked if you didn't reduce the time. Not sure it's save-able. Maybe someone has some insight. I've never been able to come back from overcooked. Sorry.

mom!

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 6:52 pm
Ct up into small pieces and serve in a salad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics