Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Monsey mothers of little babies
Previous  1  2

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 5:04 pm
amother wrote:
I live in Israel, my Baby had measles he ws a real pity. 9 months, too young to be immunized.
The dr said generally its not dangerous in babys.
He was back to himself after a few days.

Measles is most dangerous for those under 5 and over 20, but I'm glad your child recovered quickly BH.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 5:27 pm
I go out for a walk in unpopulated areas. I haven't met a person on my walks yet. I do not take her to any indoor places other than my own home. On Sunday my brother is making a Bar Mitzvah, today Dr. Gewirtz told my DH that if the Bar Mitzvah only had adults it would be ok to bring her. But if there are any kids there , he advises against it.
So I'm going crazy trying to find a babysitter that is vaccinated of course. It's very frusterating. I can't go to the grocery, Walmart, library unless I leave her with my DH in the car.

SingALong

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 6:06 pm
When my ds was 8 months old there was a measles outbreak, and thr dog recommended vaccinating babies by 6 months. I sat down with my pediatrician who explained it to me as follows. Babies are immune for about 4-6 months after birth from their immunity from mom. Therfore the vaccine is not effective if given when theyre anyways immune. So they wait until a year to give the vaccine since by that time for sure all babies are no longer immine and the vacvine will be effective. However by an outbreak, they need to be extra cautious and vaccinate babies 6-12 months whos immunity may have worn off. Then vaccinate again at 13 months in vase they were immune and vaccine did nothing.
So I gave my 8 month old the measles vaccine dont think it was mmr, just measles, dont remember for sure. Then again at 13 months the mmr and again 28 days later.
Correct me if you know differently, this is what I recall from that time. Was a few years ago

dankbar

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 8:42 pm
[quote="SingALong"]When my ds was 8 months old there was a measles outbreak, and thr dog recommended vaccinating babies

I hope you don't take advice about your kids health from your dog lol

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Nov 01 2018, 10:45 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I go out for a walk in unpopulated areas. I haven't met a person on my walks yet. I do not take her to any indoor places other than my own home. On Sunday my brother is making a Bar Mitzvah, today Dr. Gewirtz told my DH that if the Bar Mitzvah only had adults it would be ok to bring her. But if there are any kids there , he advises against it.
So I'm going crazy trying to find a babysitter that is vaccinated of course. It's very frusterating. I can't go to the grocery, Walmart, library unless I leave her with my DH in the car.

It's absolutely crazy!!! Being this cautious is so difficult. I try to be cautious and then second guess myself that I am making issues out of tissues. But measles is no joke.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics