Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
How to deal with kids still up when you're ready to relax
Previous  1  2  3

Chayalle

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 9:36 am
Zehava wrote:
Firstly you seem more involved than necessary in your kids lives. The whole prodding in the morning and redirecting your daughters conversations is just taking responsibility off them and transferring it to you. That alone would be enough to stress you out!

ITA with Zehava. I don't get involved in my teen's phone conversations or planning her time. If she needs any help with h.w. assignments, I make it clear to her that I'm available immediately after supper, but once I put my 10-year-old to bed (around 9 p.m.), I start my own Mommy time (shower, read, chill, etc...) and I am not available. It's up to her to plan her schedule around that.

Just let your teen take ownership of her own needs. If she doesn't hand in a h.w. assignment on time because of poor planning, let that be a lesson to her. She will quickly learn to adapt.

keym

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 9:36 am
I do insist at 9:30 that they start quieting down. By 10:30 no more phone. By 11 in their room.
The rule is if they wake up a younger sibling, they're required to put said sibling back to bed.
By 10, I go to my room and fold laundry or read or whatever. I'm not totally unavailable but no more schmoozing.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children