Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
URGENT need lice removal today!

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 9:43 am
WHY is it always on Erev shabbos?! Kids school just called. I can't...

Anyway. Brooklyn area. Williamsburg, boro park, whatever, help.

How much does this kind of service cost?

And WHYYYYYYYYY

flowerpower

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 9:47 am
You can clean it yourself. Dr Fischer sells a good spray. Spray her hair and use a good fine( lice) comb to comb it all out. It will slip off easily. I have 3 numbers of lice checkers if you want- pm me

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 10:08 am
The lice checker from school highly recommended going to a professional because I've never done it before (I've checked with a lice comb but never had any lice in it.) Also shabbos is coming and it would probably take me a lot longer since I never did it before.

The only person I spoke to said she can only do it after 2. She also charges $100 which sounds fair but I'm curious if that's the going rate. Needless to say I wasn't planning for this...

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 10:16 am
just experienced this. I have like 7 #s of lice ppl. most are in bp and kensington and one in flatbush. My person charged $100 a head to clean out.

mom!

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 10:17 am
Call your pediatricians office for a recommendation.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 10:18 am
I paid $100 last year in bp

MrsEsther

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 10:59 am
In Flatbush Home # 718-339-0712
Good luck

strawberry cola

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 11:44 am
Mrs Hamburger
718 837 7443

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 2:52 pm
Thanks. I got someone. I can't imagine what you go through if you need to pay $100 a head for a bigger family. I need someone to do me because I can't see my own head, and I need to have someone do the one who had it from school because she can't go back to school until she gets cleared by a professional (and I'm glad of that, because it means whoever gave it to her has the same requirement.) I combed the siblings myself but considering having the pro do that too just in case.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 2:58 pm
Please do yourself a favor and have everyone rechecked in a couple of weeks to make sure you indeed got them all.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 3:06 pm
Yes. The school will also be rechecking several times over the next couple of weeks. It was a real outbreak, not just my DD. All my kids are in the same school. But I'll check them more thoroughly at home too.

mfb

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 3:14 pm
Usually to just check I think they charge $15 a head. Also the one that cleans your daughter out should include in the price rechecks in a few days once or twice to make sure they got every last nit.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 3:30 pm
I was told by the professional to do a comb through for the next two weeks to make sure that she got everything on the kid that got lice. The job is not over even if she was cleaned out by professional. it's very overwhelming. good luck! I'm not finished with this parsha yet.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 02 2018, 4:07 pm
after a shampoo & lice treatment - put some conditioner comb it with a lice comb thoroughly ... then buy some cheapo hair gel ... goop it up & the one's left behind will suffocate avoiding full continuum of said lice chasuna
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries