Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Fast and easy soup recipes!
Previous  1  2

Dini

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 1:28 am
Quote:
cream of broccolli soup:

saute one small onion, until translucent- then add garlic minced (I add garlic powder)

add 2 cups or more of chicken broth- let it boil

add 1 pound or so of frozen chopped broccolli- let it cook for 5 minutes or so

add 1 cup milk, let cook 3-5 minutes

I then use a hand blender to process a little bit, but it isn't necessary.

When serving I put 2 spoons of shredded cheddar cheese in each bowl and pour the soup on top of hte cheese. The cheese melts nicely and adds some extra flavor to the soup.

(you can also add the cheese when adding the milk, I don't do that becuase we usually have some leftover and I'd rather put in new cheese hte next day)

Hey I made this, it was really delicious and really easy and quick to make thanks!

TzenaRena

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 1:41 am
Dini wrote:
Quote:
cream of broccolli soup:

saute one small onion, until translucent- then add garlic minced (I add garlic powder)

add 2 cups or more of chicken broth- let it boil
add 1 pound or so of frozen chopped broccolli- let it cook for 5 minutes or so

add 1 cup milk, let cook 3-5 minutes

I then use a hand blender to process a little bit, but it isn't necessary.

When serving I put 2 spoons of shredded cheddar cheese in each bowl and pour the soup on top of hte cheese. The cheese melts nicely and adds some extra flavor to the soup.

(you can also add the cheese when adding the milk, I don't do that becuase we usually have some leftover and I'd rather put in new cheese hte next day)

Hey I made this, it was really delicious and really easy and quick to make thanks!
Am I seeing things, or is there chicken broth in this cheesy milchig soup? shock I don't doubt that you're speaking about a parve chicken flavored broth, but posters should really be clear about this ; v'heyisem n'kiim!

challi

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 1:44 am
mushroom barley soup:

sautee 2-3 onions and 2 cloves garlic in a large pot until they become translucient (sp?)

add two small cans or one basket of fresh chopped mushrooms and sautee for a few more min

fill the pot with water almost to the top and add salt, and chick broth then bring to boil

add 1-1.5 cups of barley, cover and let boil on low on the stove untill the barley is soft

challi

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 1:51 am
hot and sour soup:

boil chicken broth with extra pepper added

add sliced mushrooms and cubed tofu/ and or small white meat chicken pieces, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts let boil for about 5 min

scramble an egg and slowly drizzle it into the soup

season soup wth 2 Tbs soy sauce, 1/2 cup of vinegar (these measurement should be adjusted according to taste and size of the pot) let simmer on low for about 15 min.

mommy24

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 10:41 am
[quote]Hey I made this, it was really delicious and really easy and quick to make thanks![/quo

your welcome.

Quote:
Am I seeing things, or is there chicken broth in this cheesy milchig soup? I don't doubt that you're speaking about a parve chicken flavored broth, but posters should really be clear about this ; v'heyisem n'kiim!

You are right I will try to figure out how to edit the post. Thanks for pointing it out.

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 10:47 am
click on the edit button on the upper right hand corner of your post. Your post will appear in editable form. Smile

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 11:02 am
wow, all of these soup recipies are great:)

for those of us who do not use chicken soup mix what would I use if if says chicken soup mix in a chalavi soup? b/c then you cant use real chicken soup broth.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 5:28 pm
challi wrote:
mushroom barley soup:

Challi, I made it today. It came out great!!!
I used onion soup mix instead of chicken broth.
My hsuband liked it so much, he said I should make a lot and freeze it!
thanks to Challi and all you guys for this great thread! perfect for this 20-degree weather!

Dini

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 10:25 pm
Quote:
mushroom barley soup:

sautee 2-3 onions and 2 cloves garlic in a large pot until they become translucient (sp?)

add two small cans or one basket of fresh chopped mushrooms and sautee for a few more min

fill the pot with water almost to the top and add salt, and chick broth then bring to boil

add 1-1.5 cups of barley, cover and let boil on low on the stove untill the barley is soft

Made it was very good but I cooked the barley for too short so it was a bit raw

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 10:27 pm
we finished the rest of the mush-bar soup tonight. more compliments from dh. Smile

suomynona

Post Fri, Feb 09 2007, 2:16 am
I don't have time to type it out but the potato soup from the Heimish Cookbook, volume 1 in the beginner's section is really easy.
Basically saute onions, add a little flour. Add about 8 cups water, 6 potatoes cubed, salt and pepper and cook until potatoes are soft.

Dini

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 2:38 pm
does anyone make anymore easy yummy soups like the mush bar & the cream of brocolli. I'm scared that I will bore my dh if I make the cream of broc a third time, what cld I make similar to it?

anuta

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 10:26 pm
I am looking for soup recipes with no "chicken broth" or "soup mix" ingredients, just water and veggies and meat and grains, all from scratch... there are some here, anyone want to add more?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 10:13 am
It takes time to give water a good soup taste. they might be easy recipes but not all that fast cooking.

YALT

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 6:23 am
Dini,
I've made all kinds of cream of vege. soups. Just use any vege, instead of broccoli. I've done cauliflower, onion, corn, tomato, zucchini, (although I don't make the zucchini, bec. it's much easier to make the reg. zucchini soup listed, and DH loves it!)
The way I make my cream soups is:
Saute onion. Add garlic, salt, pepper. Add the diced vege. and sautee until soft. Add flour & mix well. Slowly add milk, mixing the whole time to creamy. Turn off burner.
Most of the soups I blend with a handblender, and then return to flame just to boil again.

HooRYou

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 6:44 am
chocolate moose wrote:
It takes time to give water a good soup taste. they might be easy recipes but not all that fast cooking.

This is true if you are making a traditional vegetable soup that is broth with pieces of veggie sfloating in them but I make pureed veggie soup all the time for dinner and I basically just cook it long enough for all the veggies to be soft and puree-able, (but not always if pressed for time).

The big secret is to make sure that you use only a little water and a lot of veggies. In general that will always make a delicious soup. You can also make it with shreadded veggies from the FP and not pureee the soup. It helps to sautee the veggies at first but often I don't. After pureeing (or when the veggies are fully cooked for shreadded veggie soup) I add spice according to taste and mood.

Standard sou pin my house is onions, carrots, and kishuim (zucchini) blended with salt, pepper, garlic and basil added, but I do sometimes change the spices. This week I made shreadded carrot soup (just carrots and onions shreadded, sauteed and then boiled) seasoned with cilantro and cumin along with the salt pepper and garlic.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics