Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
900 sq ft 2 bedroom apt 2 kids?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 8:58 pm
Due to low income, I'm limited with where I can rent. Is 900 sq ft too small to live in? The floor plan isn't open. Bedrooms are tiny. Small LR and DR. Walls in between. Anyone manage this without feeling claustrophobic?

nchr

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 9:18 pm
No, 900 sq. Ft. Is not too small at all. If you post the measurements ppl can give you ideas.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 9:28 pm
I live in 750 sq ft with three kids, were quite crampy but we know that with our current income it’s the best we can do, we recently sold our dining furniture and opened area for just living space and we eat at a small kitchen table. Kids room consists of a bunk bed and a crib for a toddler and we really make it so far... good luck in planning it all out but if u can wisely utilize and not clutter up the space u should feel very comfortable n cozy.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 9:40 pm
As long as you have the right amount of stuff, very little it will be comfortable .

pesek zman

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 9:40 pm
Luxury!!!

550 square feet with BH 1 kid, here

amother
Scarlet

Post Sat, Nov 03 2018, 10:32 pm
We lived in less than 900 square feet with 8 kids so I dont know why it would feel cramped with two.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 12:29 am
My last place was a 1 bedroom, 732 sq ft, 2 kids.

Just throw stuff out and it's cool, and think vertical for storage.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 12:43 am
Sure it’s manageable!
Unless you had your heart set on a 4000 sq ft home, I don’t see what the problem is. ...
Get rid of bulky furniture pieces before you move to give you more floor space.
I used to love visiting my friend in her parents 800 sq ft apartment... they had 5 kids, it was small ( one slept in the living/dining room) but it was a happy home. Music playing, cookies baking in the tiny kitchen.. your 900 sq ft with 2 kids almost sounds like a palace!!🙂
OP, what size are you moving out of?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 1:08 am
My old apt was 700 Sq feet lived there with one child till he was 7 yrs old. My neighbor upstairs in same sz apt, sent me her 4 kids every day to play in my house bc I had the palace according to her.

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 1:37 am
Its all about maximizing space. I am not the best at doing this but we constantly organize and rearrange things to make it work for us at different stages in our lives. (We have since moved from that apartment but this stuff still applies!) Make sure your furniture fits your space. If you don't need a huge table, try to get a smaller one that fits better. It gives you floor space and makes the place look much more open. Also lighter colors and good lighting makes it feel more open.
We did long shelving units for walls instead of separate bookcases and dressers. Some shelves held books, some linens, clothes and even dishes! (It was in a bedroom so it wasn't too obvious how messy it was). It utilized vertical space which is often not used when you have dressers. We also found odd places to store things. Like those dishes in the bedroom I mentioned...
Try to find unused space. We did under-bed plastic containers. Out of season clothes in those space saver bags, stuff we don't use on a regular basis... suitcases under the bed work well too!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 4:31 am
I translated it and jumped. BIG kah. Do you realize how big?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics