Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Gift for a newborn
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 12:39 pm
essie14 wrote:
How can you save clothing from size 12 months and on? I had some good quality stuff but once my daughter started walking and playing on the playground, nothing lasted past one season. All I have are some nice Shabbat dresses.
You really don’t need anything in larger sizes after 3 kids?

I have many things

veiznisht

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 12:46 pm
My family in the Europe regularly get us Amazon giftcards for birthdays sent via email. Maybe they'd be open to something like that?

racheli:)

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 2:57 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I agree. If someone wants to give you a gift then you can’t be choosy. It’s a gift after all. I’m sure you can find something that you wouldn’t buy yourself and consider it a luxury.

Im not choosy, Im exactly the oposite of it. I dont want them to spend their money on things that are not necessary. I rather have them keep the money for themselves (my parents are poor) then buy some clothes which I will donate after this baby since we are not planning on having more kids.

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 3:04 pm
Iymnok wrote:
You will need a new car seat. Do any need to be replaced due to age? Does your oldest now need a small booster?
Would a lightweight stroller like the Yoyo be helpful?
Do you need a good pump?
What about a toddler bed to take up less space?
Is everything the right season?
Is the available clothing up to your cuteness standards?

We dont have a car, so therefore no car seat is necessary.
And I have an excellent double stroller and a yoyo:) But even if I needed a new stroller I doubt they would buy us a new one (my parents are poor and my cousin is not wealthy either).
We have all beds, and all my kids are winter babies:)
And I don’t really care on the clothing brand, most of their clothes are h&m and zara.
I’m really trying to let them know that they shouldn’t waste their money and if they really want to help then they should buy us something we really need but they just don’t understand and it makes me really sad. And Im asking for diapers and formula, not cars and houses Smile

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 3:08 pm
teachkids wrote:
What about asking for a night nurse or extra cleaning help or some other service?
Or what about a giftcard to a store like costco,target,walmart,amazon etc that you can then buy your diapers with? Or even a giftcard to a restaurant to order in dinner

I did but they dont consider that as a baby gift. For me its really strange bc help is the coolest gift a mother of four can get. And I also suggested gift card but they said no thats not personal. So far the only person who got me was my mother in law who said she will give us a gift card for diapers and milk Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics